Grinch ornaments- 3 styles

I am selling at a craft fair on Saturday so I decided to make some ornaments.
I am very happy with all of them, if you don’t understand the salt one, look up salt meme😆
These are so fun to make and the mask is an applique so I can use up all the tiny vinyl scraps I have.

15 Likes

Love the sentiment on all of these! Good luck at the craft fair!

1 Like

Very cute…

Do you have to get permission to use the Grinch name? Or is that done by the pattern maker? Just curious.

2 Likes

I think it’s a grey area, the stink Stank ornament was a design I bought and I’m not sure if the phrase has a copyright, but the other phrases just use the word and other then a green hand. I’m really not sure how that works. Lots of people talk about Fair Art use when it’s like but not exact​:woman_shrugging:I think these are lawyer questions. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These are a hoot!

1 Like

I often buy patterns and wonder if I am allowed to use them for sale. I think if you bought the pattern, the pattern maker has to get permission, so you should be ok. Fair Art use is different than using a trademarked word or saying. I know DSE is really vigilant on protecting their copyrights. I used to work for a large cookie company and they would not even let us use a partial image or changed image of Mickey on our cookies! The word “Grinch” is copyrighted…

1 Like

Ha! Those are great!

1 Like

I find it weird since I hear that kind of stuff a lot and yet I see companies who have all Disney stuff survive with no issues vs others who get complaints right away. :woman_shrugging:

I know…it is random for a reason, I guess…I thought it would be tied to how much money was involved, but that does not seem to be the case if they go after people at fairs and such…I wouldn’t worry about it much…they are adorable and fun and should sell quickly!

1 Like

Thank you

The vinyl in the mask is genius! So fun.

1 Like

I love these so hard. I need that stinky ornament, what a perfect gift for EVERYBODY! Seriously, genius.

1 Like

The mask one is perfect for 2021

1 Like