Grow Wild Embroidery

When I was paired with @endymion for the Easter Egg swap this spring, one of the items she requested was a mini hoop. I immediately tried figuring out how I could fit a hoop into a tiny easter egg, but remembered that I had a large empty egg to work with. This oval hoop JUST fit inside the egg. I looked through her themes and she had spring wildflowers on her list which inspired this little hoop containing a field of flowers.

Final hoop:

The base layer was the multicolored stems that slightly show between the flowers:

After adding what seemed like a billionty french knots, I finished it with the stamped letters “grow wild” and the hoop was complete!

32 Likes

So pretty! It turned out great!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! And your billionty French knots look divine.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! Are the flowers French knots inside larger French knots?

1 Like

Yes! Lots of french knots. :slight_smile: The larger ones were made using three pieces of embroidery floss together and were difficult to get through the fabric, but I think it was worth it in the end.

5 Likes

Woo, that is so pretty, wow!

1 Like

So worth it!

1 Like

This is really beautiful!

1 Like

So lovely!

1 Like

I love the colors and all the textures. It’s a beaut!

1 Like

Just fabulous…the stems really gave a nice dimension to your gorgeous knots.

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

This is really lovely! Great job on the french knots, that’s a lot of work!

2 Likes

It’s spectacular! I am in awe of your skill!

1 Like

I so LOVE my hoop! It is gorgeous, and perfect for me. I could tell the stitching must have been a beast. The stamped metal was the ultimate touch. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This is so pretty. I love everything about it, especially that you went the extra mile and did all the stems/grass first. Beautiful!

3 Likes

I love french knots! this is awesome!

1 Like

This is such a lovely piece

1 Like

I love! This is gorgeous!

1 Like

I love this so much!!! :heart:

1 Like