Gryffinder teacosy. Aka I knit something (I don't knit!)

This was a kit in our local Aldi, only €5 (about$6) and included everything, needles, even a darning needle to sew it up.It was cheap ass yarn, but it I persisted and it turned out ok.

This is my DH modelling it.

23 Likes

Delightful!

Nice! Love his ears poking out

1 Like

He’s a good sport! :rofl:

Nice job! Especially for someone who doesn’t knit (like me). That’s pretty cool that it was a complete kit.

1 Like

Adorable! Both the cozy, and the model. :heart:

Ah ha! This is so fun and cute! And if he ever wants a hat that doesn’t keep his ear warm, he’s set.

1 Like

I saw this and then did a double take when I saw it was you, I was all “Wait, Edel doesn’t like knitting!” It looks great! (and I have wicked Aldi jealousy! Mine never has the cool stuff yours does!)

He is adorable in the cute thing :hugs:

I think the earhole at the back would make a cool way of letting your ponytails hang out without bunching up your hat.
You might not like knitting, but you seem natural at it.

2 Likes

Did they not have Ravenclaw? You are throwing everyone off with this project, lol. But it’s awesome!! I love the pom-pom on top.

They did not have ravenclaw, there was a choice of this teacosy and a few characters, dumbledore, mcgonagil. I figured we would use a tea-cosy!

1 Like

HA! This is great!

Nice work!!

:rainbow: Well, lookie here! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fire:

1 Like

Well thank you very much, its all down to the model though :grin:

1 Like

Presentation matters!

1 Like

Don’t know what I love more that you knit when you don’t, the modeling or that your Aldi’s sells knitting kits!!! Fabulous job!

The ear peeking out is awesome! You did amazing as always

I love the ear holes. :grinning:

The tea cozy is amazing! I’ve never seen a kit like that at Aldi, but what a great idea!