Guinea Pig hoop

I just finished this guinea pig hoop for a friend and got to use the Portuguese thread that I love so much. And added some felt for a tiny 3D pop.

Spoonflower had a contest for designing an embroidery project that fits on their swatch size, and thus costs only $5. There are some great ideas! You can see them here:

I got 5 different designs and will be working on them this summer for friends!

Some details and in-progress shots:

24 Likes

Awww…this is super cute! I love the addition of the felt!

1 Like

This is adorable!

So cute! Did you order the linen canvas swatch?

I saw a few that I would like to get for friends…such a nice idea!

Love that you added some felt as well…it makes it so much more dimensional!

2 Likes

This is so sweet! lovely work!

This is adorable

1 Like

My goodness this is cute! The felt additions are wonderful and those French knots in the center of the blue flower! Eep!

1 Like

Yes, linen canvas - really nice. Firm yet stitch-able & also a nice soft feel to it. Really nice to work on! Definitely very different from stitching on a flour sack dish towel though.

1 Like

I ordered six of them…I have tons of pearl cotton that would be perfect to use to embellish the designs. I mostly got cats since everyone in my family loves their cats…lol…I did order a couple of sea themed ones to put in the guest room as take homes from the beach. I hope they get here soon! Thanks for sharing…I find the best stuff through you guys here!

2 Likes

They are the perfect size for quick fun stitching projects! And I especially like that so many of them leave a lot for you to decide, which exact stitches to use or add your own embellishments etc.

Yes–there is plenty of room for one’s own creative touch, just like you did! I am excited to get them!

I have sort of lost my stitching mojo and just need to jump back in…

1 Like

Now I am starting on this one for my bathroom.

5 Likes

Nice! I was tempted by that one for my guest room!

This is so stinking cute! Love it!

1 Like

Full disclosure: I dislike guinea pigs

Now that that’s out in the open…this is freakin’ adorable!

2 Likes

Your hoop is so fun and cheerful!

1 Like

Squeeze this is SO darling!

1 Like

He is just precious!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! So delightful!

1 Like

What a sweet project

1 Like