Gustav Klimt Inspired Fabric Bowl

I did another lesson presented by Making Zen Fall 2026. It was a bowl made by using English Paper Piecing (EPP). I have had a stash of these metallic Gustav Klimt inspired fabrics for quite a while and knew they were perfect for making these bowls.

It was a lot of hand sewing, but, like most of the projects in the sessions, it is meant to slow you down and get into the flow of being with your handmade project. Quite meditative. Except when I kept sticking myself with the needle when I was trying to push through the cardstock where I folded too close to the edges!!

I do want to make more in different colorways from this fabric line (I bought fat quarters of all of it!). So, guess there will be more bowls and projects like this in the future!

The bowl is lined with a smaller version of itself that you slip inside the outer shell. In this type of EPP, you leave the paper/cardstock inside to retain the shape.


20 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

That’s lovely, beautiful fabrics but also such a neat little design.

2 Likes

I love seeing all these different projects you’re doing! This bowl is such a great way to showcase your fabrics. I love the final result!

2 Likes

Beautiful work! The fabric is gorgeous and perfect for the project!

1 Like

This is beautiful! And all hand-sewn? I’m impressed!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Those fabrics are perfect.

1 Like

I was expecting bowl cozies, but these are gorgeous! Lovely!

1 Like

These are beautiful! I love the metallic accents in the fabric. I’m such a sucker for Klimt.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how difficult it was to put a needle through any of the metallic bits…they are like a thin coast of vinyl or something. Pretty, but hard on the hands. I really need to find more projects to use this line of fabrics. I don’t want to make a quilt, so maybe tote bags.

1 Like

The angular style of this bowl really suits those prints so nicely and your angles are so crisp! But OWIE with the needle pokes while trying to get through cardstock.

Yikes! Yeah, something you can do on a machine seems like the best bet to protect your fingers.

1 Like

Just love this! I was also intrigued by that workshop. The fabric is stunning. :clap::clap::clap:

wow, this is simply beautiful!
:heart:

1 Like

It’s a really beautiful bowl. I hope you had a lovely meditative experience! I do enjoy hand sewing. Yours looks perfect!