Hair Metal and Screwy Boxer Shorts - Xmas Gifts for Him

Itโ€™s a tradition for me to help Delia make boxer shorts for her papa (TheMisterT) as gifts. So I pick up fun prints as I come upon them and then when the time is right, we make boxer shorts!

I did a fun stitch on these in a coordinating thread color.

BoxersXmas2021-02

Then something a little punny/saucy. :wink:

BoxersXmas2021-03

BoxersXmas2021-04

I use Simplicity 9958 (out of print) and have made DOZENS of pairs. I think 1-hour is a bit of an exaggeration, but itโ€™s pretty quick, especially if you cut and sew a few pairs at a time and just roll with one color of thread. Ahem. :grimacing:

23 Likes

Oh the hair metal shorts made me laugh, especially with that stitch!! Ah ha ha!

1 Like

I look forward to this reveal every year. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yesssss! Iโ€™m always excited to see what our Mistress T has whipped up for the Mr! The screws had me chuckling but they are equally awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

That gave me a bit of a chuckle!

1 Like

These are great. You find the best fabrics!

That is the perfect fancy stitch for the hair metal ones! I have that pattern, somewhere, it was a good one.

2 Likes

The hair metal cracks me up!

Thanks, friends!

Always :eyes:

Thanks! I was hoping there would be a lightning bolt-looking one; this was as close as I could get with โ€œsharpโ€ edges! :cloud_with_lightning:

Me, too! I feel like the IRL rockers might be a bit miffed that they are so wee tiny and cute!

3 Likes

Awesome! :smiling_imp: :metal: :black_heart:

1 Like

Great prints! And nicely stitched as well. Thanks for sharing the pattern you use.

โ€œIโ€™m too metal for this, Iโ€™m the effing prince of darkness,โ€ squeaked a wee tiny hair metal rocker before he got folded into the hem line.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The guys in the fly are just being quiet and hoping to go unnoticed.

1 Like

The screw ones :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I always love these! Iโ€™ve been wanting to make boxer shorts for some time, Iโ€™ll see if I can find that pattern somewhere.

1 Like

I love your tradition and seeing what fabrics you choose! Delia is lucky to have such a helper with posable thumbs and sewing skills! :dog2:

1 Like

Thanks so much, yโ€™all!

Sometimes when she needs the help of our opposable thumbs we call her โ€œolโ€™ no thumbs!โ€

1 Like

Fantastic, theyโ€™re so great, especially the hair metal ones, what fabulous fabric! :star_struck:

1 Like

OMG the screw boxers are hilarious!!!

Thank you, crafty friends!