Halloween and Thanksgiving Dog Bandanas

In a surprise to no one, I’ve become somewhat obsessed with getting seasonally appropriate bandanas for Charlie. When I started looking for Halloween ones I was kind of disappointed in the options (and price range). So I decided I would go to JoAnn’s, find fabric I actually liked, and make my own. I realized after buying the fabric I should make them all double sided to save space. So the Halloween one is double sided and the polka dot and Thanksgiving one are the same on both sides.

Here’s Charlie wearing one at Spirit Halloween the other day. I need to get more pics of him modelling.

For the pattern I just traced one of the bandanas he already has.

Edited to add photo of Charlie modelling the polka dot bandana.

13 Likes

Looks good! So did you conquer your sewing machine? :grin:

cutest model ever!

1 Like

OMG! He’s adorable, especially with the themed bandanas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did! At least for basic, straight stitch sewing. :grin:

3 Likes

Shut up! Super duper cute!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m already plotting bandanas for the winter holidays. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yay! :grin:

1 Like

Adorable! Both pup and bandanas!

1 Like

What an adorable pup, only made cuter with the bandana! They turned out great and I love the fabrics you chose.

2 Likes

Such a handsome little fella! He looks so cute in his bandana!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!!

@gozer - I was definitely way happier with the fabric options at JoAnn’s than the pre-made bandana options I was finding online. My one regret is that I let my husband talk me out of getting a fall-colored plaid to use as well.

Charlie could definitely stand to get a haircut - he’s getting rather scraggly, but he’s still mighty cute!

1 Like

I added a new pic of Charlie wearing one of the bandanas. :grin:

1 Like

Adorable I need to make some for Odin. It would probably take a bit more fabric sine he’s 110 pounds of puppy.

1 Like

I scraped by with a quarter yard of each. For a bigger dog you’d probably need at least a half yard.

Charlie looks so dashing in his bandannas!

1 Like

What a dapper little gent in his seasonally appropriate bandanas! I bet you get a lot of people stopping to ooh and ah over him!

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:
He does get a lot of compliments from passers by!

1 Like