Halloween Bunny Bonnet

Squeee! First post!

With DragonCon cancelled here in Atlanta, I decided I’d focus on making amazing cosplays for next year. Buuuut I haven’t even looked at my poor sewing machine in well over two years (let alone my serger…that thing scares me).

Decided to ease back into sewing with smaller projects before I go full tilt into complex cosplay projects, so here’s a Halloween bunny baby bonnet! I’ll be making a matching dress, and if that goes well…it’s on to playing with the serger! Which I have to rethread, and I’m already dreading it.

16 Likes

What a cute hat and a cute wee one wearing it! Adorable. I love the Halloween colors!

2 Likes

So stinkin’ cute! Love it.

2 Likes

Thank you! She’s also homemade. Bahaha.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So adorable! Love the floppy ears.

2 Likes

Oh my, how sweet! And welcome to LC!

2 Likes

Love those bunny ears! So cute.

Welcome to LC.

2 Likes

cuuuute!

When you rethread, do you know to snip the threads above the serger, tie on the new ones, then use the old thread to pull them through? Saves a ton of time.

4 Likes

This is so precious! I lived in Middle GA for a bit and Dragon*Con was our Labor Day staple. I’m glad you found a project to keep you occupied! Fingers crossed we’re all back at the Marriott next year.

2 Likes

Great fabrics and an adorable model!

3 Likes

Cute, fun project AND child!

2 Likes

Very cute. I love my serger and when I change threads I tie the new color thread onto the thread in the machine and retread it that way.

1 Like

HOW ADORABLE! Such a cute bonnet, too! Love how you Halloween-ified a bunny!

1 Like

Super cute (bun bun bonnet and babe)!

2 Likes

Welcome! Oh my goodness! So stinking cute!!!

2 Likes

This is adorable! All of it, including the child! Can’t wait to see the dress!!

PS we’re so glad you’re here! Welcome!

1 Like

So cute!! i am in just love with her cute kid which i saw above . Her outfits is viewing very beautiful on herself. Good to see her again in my next visit.
Halloween Costume

2 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Thought I’d update with the finished dresses! These are my first major garments, and I learned a lot along the way. The little one definitely has a lot more flaws since that’s the one I started with, but the larger one was noticeably better. All in all, I’m pretty pleased with them!

4 Likes