Halloween Centerpiece

still failing at being active here. :sweat_smile:

my mom doesn’t have a Halloween centerpiece for her dining room table (what have I been doing with my life?), so I decided to make one for her. I’ve been wanting to make one from a black plastic cauldron with glittery “bubbles” coming out of it like a witch’s cauldron, but I had no luck finding a cauldron and decided to go a different route. I grabbed a black funkin, some glittery Halloween picks, some black and orange table scatter/vase filler, and a styrofoam ball. this was the end result:

my dad had to cut the top off as it ended up being a harder job than I thought it would be, and I don’t have the strength in my left arm to hold the pumpkin still while cutting it. so he did that and put a coat of paint over it to cover up the exposed foam. my mom is SO in love with this, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I even got to include some candy corn (if you weren’t aware, I’m obsessed with the stuff).

28 Likes

Wow! It looks great!

3 Likes

You did a beautiful job on it!

2 Likes

That is awesomely fabulous!! Great colours!

(“… still failing at being active here …” - I don’t think there’s any such thing - whether it’s been 6 years or 6 minutes, it’s always nice to see Lettuce buddies and their creations :grinning:)

7 Likes

That turned out really cute! it’s always so rewarding when you make something for someone and they love and appreciate the work that went into it.

2 Likes

That is super cute!

2 Likes

I love your take on a halloween centerpiece. It is fantastic!!!

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous! Where did you use the vase fill?

2 Likes

That is really pretty.

2 Likes

Beautiful job!

2 Likes

I love this! Arranging things like this is not easy for me and you look like a pro at it! Great composition and colors!

2 Likes

That’s so great!!

2 Likes

You could give me the same items and 40 years and I’d never be able to complete something so pretty and cute! Flower arranging and the like is definitely not in my wheelhouse. This is absolutely amazing! I love the candy corns!!! They’re my favorite part.

3 Likes

No wonder your mom loves it, it’s so cheery and festive!

1 Like

That came out amazing! Love the joyful feeling of Halloween exuberance.

1 Like

That looks fantastic!!

2 Likes

I am so sorry. I’ve finally been creating again, but lazy about getting on here. :sweat_smile:

the vase filler isn’t visible in this picture. you can really only see it if you’re looking at it from “above”. I just used it to hide the foam the picks are in since it is a little visible unless you’re looking directly at the side like this. I did zoom in on the picture where there’s a gap between the orange beaded ball, green beaded ball, and purple swirl and you can see light reflecting off of it. so it’s in there! lol

and thank you!