Halloween Countdown

I have been so busy lately that I haven’t been able to produce much, but swaps help me focus and set goals and actually get things done.
I made this for the Halloween Spooktacular swap for @bethntim and she was a wonderful partner.
For some reason, the pumpkin guy photographed as almost neon, but he wasn’t.

I knew I wanted to make her a countdown and I brainstormed a bunch and came up with this. I used the technique I learned making felt animals to adapt into a pumpkin man. He isn’t nearly as poseable, but I thought he was cute. In the background is my black cat Dahlia. Just had to sneak her in.

I figured if it was placed on a table you should see it from slightly above so I included a cover for the numbers on top so people wouldn’t get confused.

I had a lot of fun making this. It felt amazing to be crafting again. And here is an action shot, just because. Oh! and the moon glows!

Happy Halloween everyone!

17 Likes

I absolutely love it and we’re down to single digits!

3 Likes

Awe! I am so glad you like him!

1 Like

This is such a fun piece (and yay for kitty photobombs :heart_eyes_cat:)!

1 Like

He’s really adorable! He just looks so excited and cheerful!

Dahlia is the most common of the names people use when they can’t remember my dog, Delia’s, name.

1 Like

so very cute! love the style of him

1 Like

Your jack o’lantern is adorable and the background scene really sets him off! What a fun and festive countdown!

1 Like

The assistant at my vet’s office calls her Delila all the time. I visibly cringe. She can’t even say her name when she is reading it off the papers. It’s a pet peeve (pun intended). :rofl:

1 Like

Yup, Delila is the 2nd most common one Delia gets. I had NO IDEA “Delia” would be so hard for people! It’s not a common name, but it is a Johnny Cash song, for cryin’ out loud!

2 Likes

So cute! I love it!

1 Like

What a cute little pumpkin!

But Tom Jones sang Delilah
I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind.

1 Like

But my cat is “The Black Dahlia” because she is a black cat. I thought it was clever and everyone would get it, nope.

1 Like

I got it! Your cat is a murdered woman…

1 Like

This is adorable!

1 Like

What a fun idea to create a Halloween countdown. It came out very cute!

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face: YeeeEEEE-HAW! Your handmade goodness is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

1 Like

What a great Halloween treasure! I love his happy little face. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the cutest! I’d start counting down at 99. :grinning:

1 Like

So clever! Love it - and happy to hear it helped you get your crafting mojo back!

1 Like

That is seriously adorable, interactive ftw!

1 Like