Halloween mini cabinet

I’ve been drooling over all the Halloween goodies posted lately, and decided to make my own.

I started with a raw wood cabinet that came from Michaels about 15 years ago, and painted it to look like a Halloween night sky. I added a paper moon and drew the trees and cobweb with sharpie marker.

I sculpted the cat and big moon; everything else came from stash, with alterations.

At first, I used all my Day of the Dead minis, but they didn’t quite work with the cabinet.

33 Likes

The paint job is spooktacular! You had quite a stash of goodies.

1 Like

Love your halloween themed mini cabinet!
Great way to kick off decorating for the holiday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!! I love all of the tiny items on the shelves :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s really great! Gosh I miss those Michaels cabinets. I wish I’d bought a few dozen before they stopped carrying them. The sharpie embellishments look fabulous.

1 Like

I LOVE you painted the inside of the door! And the gargoyle!!! Squee!!! I love the witches hat, hung on the corner.

The colors are perfect! Excellentito for sure!

1 Like

Wow. The painting on the cabinet looks like it was airbrushed. The creature reminds me of a domovoi, just sitting there in your cabinet. You have a lot of fun miniatures.

1 Like

I’d never heard of a domovoi. This guy has wings folded at his back; I see him as a gargoyle, but the nice thing about art is what it means to each viewer.

Whoa! That is all kinds of spooky awesome.

1 Like

It’s so great!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome job!

1 Like

Thank you all!

Love it! Halloween all year round!

1 Like

Wings. Yes, totally a gargoyle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it! You knocked it out of the park, as usual! :blush: we have some very talented miniaturists in this community!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Halloween Mini Cabinet is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Thank you!

OoooOOOooo! Like all great minis yours is both super cute and contains so many details that I find something new to ogle each time I take another look!

1 Like

great work! keep on!

1 Like

Fabulous and spooky!

1 Like