Halloween Pumpkin Pupsicle Snacks šŸ¶

Itā€™s hotterā€™n the hinges of Hades lately so itā€™s definitely pupsicle season! :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: Itā€™s pretty much also Halloween season, so I dug out the spooky silicone moulds to make Delia some frozen treats!

I donā€™t follow a specific recipe when I make these. Theyā€™re just some combination of 2 or more of these ingredients:
plain yogurt (regular or greek)
peanut butter
pumpkin puree
banana
dog safe fruit or veg in small pieces
non-frozen treat crumbs

This time I happened to have just used up some freeze dried treats that left a bunch of dust in the bottom of its bag. So I sprinkled it on the bottom of the treats before freezing.

This time they are yogurt, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree, because I forgot about the banana I have in the freezer for just this purpose!

Because this does not come close to using a whole can of pumpkin puree, I froze the rest in an ice cube tray I have that is very close to tablespoon portions. Pumpkin is a good thing for a dog mom to have on hand for a pupā€™s grumbly gut. But I will definitely be using some of them for more pupsicles when these run out in a couple of weeks.

NEW BATCH! Zombie fingers and tiki heads.

This time it was 1 ripe frozen banana. ~4 tablespoons pumpkin puree, 2/3 - 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/8 cup chopped dried blueberries. All measurements approx, because I donā€™t measure for these. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Those are some adorable spooky pupsicles!

Hahahaā€¦pretty much Halloweenā€¦but a million degrees. Great cooling treat for your pup!

1 Like

Thanks, pals!

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing you recipe too :heart: Iā€™ve just been freezing chicken broth for our doggo but these are more fun!

Now that you mention it, I think I have thrown a little chicken broth in these before. Delia is not a picky eater and so chicken and peanut butter with yogurt, sure!

2 Likes

If Astrid could read the internet, sheā€™d be (dog) mom-shaming me right now. Iā€™ll have to try making her some of these soon. Itā€™s still hot as Hades here too.

1 Like

Since theyā€™re just whatever freezable, dog-safe thing can mix together in a ice cube tray they are very quick! Plus, pups can do the pre-rinse cycle on the mixing bowl!

2 Likes

Pup heaven on a plate!!

Hahaha!

Look tasty enough to eat!

@jeanneleigh @Ulairi - yā€™all should make these for your doggos.

3 Likes

You know, before I put the freeze dried beef liver & kale sprinkles on the bottom, they arenā€™t bad!

1 Like