Halloween Zippered Pouch

This is hands down one of my favourite pouch patterns, this is now the 4th I’ve made!

For this one I bought some little tassels And faux leather string from Etsy, I wasn’t exactly sure how to tie them on, so I just had a go :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t have a coordinating thread, or so I thought! I had this perfect green and orange variagated thread in my small collection which I LOVED sewing with. I’m definitely going to have to buy some more to have on hand for my next pouch :wink:

20 Likes

That fabric is so cute! And man-o-man I love some good topstitch. That variagated thread works perfect with that fabric. It all looks so very well sewn. :yellow_heart:

(My pouches are always so fiddly. :weary: Maybe if I practiced more. )

2 Likes

The variegated thread was perfect! The style of the pouch is cute and you did a stellar job of stitching it up. Cute fabric choice too.

2 Likes

So cute! I love the thread detail.

1 Like

Love this! And the little tassels! Which pattern did you use?

1 Like

Very cute! I love the patchwork side. :slight_smile:
The tassels remind me of the ends of witch brooms! They’re so perfect for the pouch.

1 Like

Lovely little zippered pouch!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! Super cute! I really like the fabric.

1 Like

Thank you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

The pumpkin fabric is actually the lining and there is a clear vinyl panel on the front of the bag, so you can see what’s in there at a glance. I hadn’t thought of broomsticks, but you’re right! :grinning:

Me too! I had to unpick my first two attempts of the front near the zipper side, because it wasn’t perfect, and if there’s anything that finishes a project nicely, it’s beautiful top stitching :wink:

The pattern I used is called What’s In Your Bag :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What a great little pouch! Love the fabric, the thread, and that little window!

1 Like

Cute bag! I wondered about the clear vinyl over the pumpkins, neat you can see inside.

I made a zippered purse recently. The two zip pockets went smoothly and look great, but I totally lost it on the top zipper; I’ll have to rip and replace.

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Super freaking cute! I love the transparent side. Perfect for project bags!

1 Like

Nice job! I do love the clear pouch!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Halloween Zipper Pouch is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

That is super cute! Love the fabric.
Here’s another way to add a zipper pull.

2 Likes

Thanks for that :grinning: that’s what I did for the first part, but then I didn’t know how to attach the tassels in a tidy fashion :see_no_evil:

Oh, I see! Now that I’m looking on a proper computer instead of the phone, details are clear. It looks nice as is but I suppose you could use a circle of something, think a hair elastic that you loop tassels on each end then fold in half and loop the middle into the zipper pull hole.

It’s so nice that you can see inside to the lining, you get two cute fabrics at once! Totally adorable pattern.

1 Like