Hand lettering

Trying to do some hand lettering every day this year. I started last year and got pretty into it for a bit and then my son stopped taking 2 naps a day haha! I really enjoy doing it and I have a bunch of markers and gel pens and crayons and whatnot so I may as well put them to use. I found a challenge on IG and have completed Jan 1-3 so far. I’ll do tonight’s after I get him in bed. :blush:

I’m hoping to see some progress in my handwriting this year, then I can make my own embroidery patterns. :blush:

15 Likes

nice job. I really like the cursive lettering.

I hear of people doing swaps and challenges on Instagram and I just don’t know how you find them. I must not be following the right people.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m always impressed by hand lettering. It seems so easy, yet so daunting at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you! I actually came across it when I google searched it because I wasn’t having any luck searching on Instagram or Pinterest for lettering prompts for 2020.

2 Likes

I was definitely intimidated when I started it last year but it is quite relaxing!

1 Like

Good luck! And the goal of your own embroidery patterns sounds great

2 Likes

This hand lettering challenge sounds fun.
Can’t wait to see your progress !

3 Likes

That looks impressive! I’ve dabbled just a bit when making birthday cards, but it’s not as simple as you’d think to just whip something up.

3 Likes

Thank you all, I’m pretty bad at keeping up with year long projects so I’ll see how this goes. :grimacing::sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes

I see YoY progress pix all the time, so I encourage you to keep practicing! It’s something I’ve recently discussed as well!

I think there might be a Reddit one for learning, as well.

2 Likes

Nice job! I am working on hand lettering this year too. We can keep each other motivated.

2 Likes

Lovely! I pretty much only do fancy lettering on birthday card envelopes. Maybe I should expand my horizons!

3 Likes

Nice works!

1 Like