Hand stitched Christmas projects

I was just strolling through the swap board, saw the Christmas swap, and it reminded me that I did some felt crafting for Christmas last year! And then I realized that I actually made the ornaments the year before! And now time has no meaning! :melting_face:

ANYwho…

I made my daughter’s first Christmas stocking last year, much design plotting and many, many hours of stitching went into this labour of love. I hope she enjoys it for years to come. :heart:

Why doesn’t the snowman have a nose? Here’s the story in my head: one bunny got the other one a present for Christmas, but the other bunny forgot. This resulted in the second bunny stealing the snowman’s nose to give to his friend.

And then, the ornaments that I thought I made last year, but actually made the year prior. Every year I make my nieces each an ornament with the year and their name or initial. I embroidered their initial and the year on the back of these, but didn’t take any pictures, whoops!

Nonetheless, for being one of my first embroidery projects, I was pretty happy with them. :slight_smile:

Thanks for peeking!

21 Likes

Love all your felt crafts and the juicy bunny backstory! The lettering on the snowman stocking is really bouncy and fun. Your snowflake ornaments are very pretty, and they don’t look like a one-of-the-first-times project at all!

1 Like

I LOVE that stocking! So cute. She will absolutely love it. Adorable!!!

1 Like

That is the BEST stocking ever. Ever!

1 Like

Your daughter’s stocking is wonderful! And I love the colorful whimsey of your snowflake ornaments!

1 Like

Christmas bunnies eating the snowmans nose! Great story!

2 Likes

Super fun projects! That stocking is epic and I love the tradition you have with your nieces!

1 Like

The stocking is amazing! Beautiful work all around.

1 Like

You’re a magician with felt! That stocking is absolutely adorable and the story of the carrot so cute and sweet! I hope you write it down to go with the stocking so it stays alive. And those snowflakes would never be mistaken for beginner work.

2 Likes

Oh! What a great idea. I’ll make sure to write it up and pack it somewhere safe. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for such lovely compliments. I don’t find as much time to craft now as I used to, but I am hoping that joining a swap or two will light that fire again. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s good to have you back! Adorable stocking!! and the back story is definitely a keeper! I agree -the ornaments don’t look like beginner projects AT ALL.

1 Like

I love the thought that went into your stocking! The letter and pom pom trim are charming. The duck in the tree is adorable, and I adore your vivid color schemes in the stocking and ornament.

1 Like

:fire: This project is hot, hot, hot! And one of this week’s featured projects! Congrats! :fire:

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

those snowflakes are so pretty!

1 Like

I love the explanation of the snowman’s nose! Handmade stockings are my favorite.
Your ornaments look like frosted cookies, yum!

1 Like