Handicraft bingo-along 2022 (embroidery bingo)

Fika sounds sort of like having a tea break!

Yeah, something like that! Coffee is a more common drink for fika, I think. I somehow never “learned” to drink coffee so I drink tea, or water/nothing if there are no tea bags in the fika-room. (Yep, the break room at workplaces is more often than not called the fika room)

I made a bunch of french knots last night, and this tutorial helped:

Lavender has joined the teams call.

6 Likes

Linda your embroidery is fabulous! I love the ‘chunky’ appearance :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok, so apparently I’m feeling adventurous tonight!

First I tried a new stitch for the border of the next square. It’s not very pretty, and I was on the last side when I started to get the hang of it.

And then… then I thought a shrimp would look good in that square. I started cutting a shrimp shape from felt to change things up, and was reminded of a stumpwork workshop I attended mumblety years ago. Well. I guess I’m winging a stumpwork-y shrimp on what I vaguely remember from that workshop + a fair bit of flying by the seat of my pants. Yay :grin:

I’m going to try and make an alive looking shrimp and not a cooked one. We’ll see how that goes…

7 Likes

Ooh, I like your squares, different colors and different stitches! Nice!

Im a bit behind, but managed a couple of squares this last weekend. Will make some more tomorrow and show what I have done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your thunder cloud came out nice! I haven’t had a chance to do any of the prompt from Friday, but I like them all…kinda lost on how to do one of them, so I am going to wing it with a tea cup!

2 Likes

This reminds me of the embroidery inchie challenge from a few years ago…but I love this 5 x 5 size - much more doable.

And I’m loving that shrimp - even unfinished!

1 Like

Shrimpy is taking shape. Needs more legs, and a bit more colour.

8 Likes

Squee!

1 Like

Yeah… Instead of going to bed at a reasonable hour I did ”rain” real quick since I had an idea on how to do it. It came out almost as I imagined it :laughing:

The square next to the lavender is reserved for the bumblebee, of course!

8 Likes

It’s friday, and the last five prompts are up! A few tricky ones to translate this time too…

Saft - squash/cordial
Sugrör - drinking straw
Fiska - fishing
Löjtnadshjärta - Bleeding heart (the plant)
Kaffe - coffee

Edit, forgot the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmVRwrqEwP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y

No progress to report here, but my vacation started! :sun_with_face:

oh, no! I don’t think I made enough squares! I think I left enough room to add another row…I hope so!

I didn’t get everything done in time to participate in the bingo. The rules was to post the finished bingo card on instagram yesterday :laughing: I’ll keep working on mine for fun.

The bingo will start on monday I think. 3 words every couple days until someone gets bingo I guess.

4 Likes

The bingo-along is over now. But I thought I should share my finished bingo card. :slight_smile: I did enjoy this, even though I was a bit behind from time to time. Now I will do some decoration around the card and ponder on what to make with the piece.

11 Likes

It would be fun as a set with “cards” for the other 3 seasons. Or a cover for a photo album, a backing in a shadow box with little summery trinkets in with it…

1 Like

Fantastic! I really love your watermelon and the beach!

I have a few more to finish. I have also been thinking about what to make with the finished piece.

1 Like

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

I only just came across this wonderful craftalong - I love everyone’s beautiful little embroidery images!! I feel inspired to do some stitching!

6 Likes