Hanging things

This was inspired by a couple of things. I saw some single strand hanging decorations locally for $50 each and thought it would be fun to use my own found items. Our property has been in use for over a century, apparently by generations of slobs. I discovered a midden with broken glass and china, and there are ancient food cans rusting everywhere. I even found a 1928 New Mexico license plate.

So I wrapped heavy wire around the most interesting pieces plus some shells and nifty rocks, then let it all sit in a box for a few weeks, until I saw a picture of bead strands hung from a wire bread basket. I bought one a few months ago; I had something in mind, but can’t remember what, but it turned out to be the perfect support.

It needed more color, so I added beads and resin pendants I had on hand.

And hubster is hosting a meetup tour of our local National Weather Service office (yeah, I know you all want to go!), so I designed and 3D printed a mobile thank you gift for them, including their logo and weather map symbols.

17 Likes

That is so cool…I love all the pretty dangly things!

1 Like

You have a bit of everything in your hanging basket! I love the punch of color against your desert landscape.

Also, nice gift—you make such interesting things with your 3-D printer!

1 Like

Yes, this fits right in with your landscape and the colorful bits you added really make it stand out just the right amount.

Your hubby’s guests must’ve been stoked to get probably the coolest weather themed swag they’ve ever gotten.

1 Like

Oooh, I love the wire-wrapped sculpture! The basket is perfect for it. My friend does wire-wrapped sea glass; this reminds me of her work. Fabulous!

1 Like

Ooh, I have a stash of sea glass somewhere, that I got at glass beach in Mendocino. I could do a mini version of this…

1 Like

These are both very cool and very unique!!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like