Happy cake day!

Was scrolling through LC today when I realized that a whole bunch of us, as well as the site itself, are celebrating our cake day today. So of course I had to bake a cake.
Itโ€™s a riff on a basic yogurt cake, using a banana flavored yogurt that was sitting gloomily in the fridge, and I added some strawberries in the middle. It turned out pretty good. Not bad for five minutes of actual work :grin:

22 Likes

Clever idea! Unfortunately itโ€™s too late here to start baking, but that looks yummy. What recipe did you use?

3 Likes

Strawberries and bananas are a delicious combination

1 Like

Looks and sounds delicious!
I saw all the cakes and thought, wow lots of my friends have birthdays today until I saw one beside my name. Then I realized what was happening.

3 Likes

Happy cake day indeed! That looks really yummy!

1 Like

Oooo! This sounds really good!

1 Like

That looks delicious!

Happy LC Cake Day, everyone!

(I just noticed my LC cake day is today.)

2 Likes

Happy Cake Day indeed!

1 Like

I started with this recipe (itโ€™s in Hebrew, but I put the translate link here, I hope it works right):

But I made some modifications since I used an already sweetened yogurt as the base. I only used one container of sugar and not two, used 3 eggs instead of 4, omitted the vanilla and added some cut up strawberries I had in my freezer to the middle of the batter when I pour it into the pan.

1 Like

Iโ€™m eating a slice right now, to celebrate your cake day :blush:

3 Likes

That looks great and a really interesting recipe. Iโ€™ll give it a go tomorrow. The translate link did work. Just one odd thing. It says, flour puffed. Iโ€™m guessing that should be flour sieved?

Good catch, it should actually be self-rising flour.
I hope you see this before you try the recipe, otherwise you might get a tasty hockey puck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was late at night when I wrote that, and now itโ€™s early morning, so Iโ€™ve not tried it yet. Iโ€™ll do it later. Iโ€™ve some rhubarb yoghurt in the fridge, which might make an interesting cake, and Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ve frozen fruit buried somewhere in my freezer.

1 Like

Cake is always good!

1 Like

That looks delightful. YUM!

1 Like

Happy Belated Cake Day!!! I can smell it from here!!

1 Like