Happy Kitty Drawing

I make this for the happy kitty for the 4x6 art swap. I decided to try a little watercolor again. I tend to try that every January/February, and by March, I am back to markers.
I drew it out, inked it, placed watercolor paper over it, and painted it. When I was done, I thought it would be cute to send along a copy of the linework so my partner could color her own.
When the Galentines Day swap opened up, I realized I could send copies to my partners in that swap also! So, this kitty has been around. :kissing_cat:

24 Likes

I love her toothy smile! She looks so pleased. :cherry_blossom: :two_hearts: Lovely line work and painting, both! The fact that both versions are going out is so cool.

1 Like

Such a cute kitty! Love both versions. The watercolor has great shading and lovely colors. And the variation in line width on the coloring page places the kitty firmly in the foreground. Looking forward to coloring my copy.

1 Like

Oh, this makes me yearn for a warm summer patio to sun myself like this sweet kitty!

1 Like

This is so cute! Both versions look really good!

1 Like

So adorable!

This kitty lives with me and she is just the sweetest!! Everyone in my family was impressed with the details and the fact that you sent along a version to color! :exploding_head: So creative!!

1 Like

I think you chose an apt name for this project, that cat looks happy and I imagine it brought happiness to all of its recipients as well! You did a great job on the shading. I especially like the different shades of blue in the background. It really conveys a bright blue sky on a warm sunny day!

1 Like

I love this kitty! Sheโ€™s so happy!

1 Like

Your art work is lovely in any medium! I do love the watercolor but the line work really shows off the drawing! Nicely doneโ€ฆand you can always use your makers on the line work one for March!

1 Like