Happy, little mushrooms

One of my friends gifted me some empty medication bottles w/ lids and said “I know you can make something with these!”. I took that as a challenge. :smiley:

Here’s my first go at doing just that. Using only what I had on hand, I made little decorative mushrooms. The back side still needs a little work, but I like where this is going!

Which do you like better, the short or the tall one?

In hindsight, I should have used my lint roller before taking these phooos. :laughing:

21 Likes

Wowzers! These are amazing! I love the first design, but the second is adorable too! You really can make anything work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a cute idea! I don’t think it’s possible to pick a favorite!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Both are very charming, but if I had to choose, I would say the first one with the flatter top.

2 Likes

Like them both but I think Id like the tall one better if it was more bell shaped. But thats the type of mushroom I find more aesthetically pleasing.

2 Likes

I love them both, but the little house is my favorite. So cute and clever. Great way to reuse a medicine bottle!

1 Like

Love the little house!

I love the creativity that went into these! The stitching adds fun and whimsy to both mushrooms, but the little house is my favorite, it’s so enchanting!

1 Like

This are really delightful! I like the tall cap and the cottage stem best! The little frills under the cap really make me smile.

1 Like

I wanted to make the taller one, but I agree with I think it needs to be paired with the cottage stem.

This was a learning process for sure!

1 Like

I love these! What a great idea. I think they both look great.

1 Like

These are adorable! I love both styles but the one with the door has a little extra something. :sparkles:

2 Likes

These are adorable! Can you still open the bottles? They would make an awesome hiding spot.

No, these are sewn shut, but I thought about making them so that they could be opened. I’d have to figure out a way to make the top of the mushroom more secure to the bottle’s lid.

OMG. I NEED THIS!!! I guess I’ll dig thru the medicine cabinet. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

What s a smart thing to do with medicine bottles, i haves ton and hate the idea of just throwing them out