Happy Lunar New Year

I found a free svg file online and assembled it using pop dots to give it some dimension rather than just gluing it flat
My main motivation behind this is my job is having a Chinese/lunar new year origami tiger contest and while this isn’t origami it still incorporates a tiger and a paper craft

25 Likes

Love the dimension you created. It looks like a wood cut!

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Very cool! The pop dots were a great idea!

2 Likes

WOW! This is so cool! The pop dots were an excellent choice, Beth! The shadow lines they create take this to the next level.

2 Likes

Wow! It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Gung Hay Fa Choi!

2 Likes

Ooh, I almost forgot about Chinese New Year and the new animal. Thanks for the reminder. I love what you made and the colors you picked. Having it raised adds an element of granduer.

2 Likes

I am in the same camp as the other commenters - those pop dots definitely live up to their name in making your whole project pop! It looks really good!

1 Like

This is SO AWESOME!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Lunar New Year Display is one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing! :heart: :tada:

1 Like

This is beautiful!!! Great work!

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

Wow! This is fabulous, I totally though you had one of those cool wood laser cutters!
It’s so intricate and pretty, but also, roar!

1 Like

This is stunning! You’ve really mastered the art of dimension. Wonderful color choices, too.

1 Like