Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

It’s easy to control direction of splatters too, you just aim for the back and sides! I turn the work half way through to make sure I’m getting the speckles on the front edge too.
I’m not happy with my crafting space, I was painting on the kitchen table last night and it felt so hobbled having to be careful not to get it everywhere. Funny enough, I have a feeling I’m about to move back down to the basement, my original crafting room, lol. At least I’ve destashed a whole bunch so things will fit with space to spare this time around, no bins and totes full of tiny felted sweater confetti, hahahaha!

2 Likes

awww–I got a very nice letter from @Lynx mom! I think most of the country is having worst weather than she is in Alaska! wow…they are having a warm spell! Nice to get a handwritten letter…

3 Likes

Finally got around to setting up the St. Patrick’s Day Handmade Card Exchange:green_heart:

3 Likes

I got happy mail from @susieoregon today! Thank you!

12 Likes

I love that card! So stealing the round circles tree theme…

Got my flip flops on to trudge to the mailbox…67 degrees here today…someone in this group has a wicked sense of humor…look what I got…ha ha ha

(thanks, @Whistlefish…certainly made me smile…beautiful picture, just as I prefer snow to be…in a picture! ha ha ha)

10 Likes

Well I’m super late to the party but I think I could throw a little bit of happy mail around!!

I’m Deanna and I live in sunny AZ. I have a hubby, 4 kids, 3 kids in law, 1.5 grandchildren, two dogs (and a partridge in a pear tree). It’s weird to think that in a few short years we’ll be empty nesters!

I haven’t met a craft I didn’t like, although there are many I don’t know how to do. :woman_shrugging: I only request that anything you send be PG 13 rated and non political.

I LOOOOOVE miniatures so I’d happily welcome teeny goodness if anything crosses your path that might serve and lay flat in an envelope.

You can ask me or @Reinikka for my address! I will be moving in September and I’ll update her with a new address when I have it.

9 Likes

I am almost ready to send! The livingroom floor is covered in envelops & papers, lol.
I think I’ve got your address Bunny, I’ll double check with you in a bit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I got your lovely Christmas card (thank you) so I suspect you do! :wink:

2 Likes

I received happy mail from @Reinikka! I have already planned our day out when it is safe to take public transportation. We can go to the food trucks for lunch! Do you like the art museum? Haha. I used to fantasize about fancy trips abroad, now it’s a trip to the downtown craft store and a gyro. :joy:

Thank you for the very pretty ATC. It’s in my journal, but still in its cover (those covers are nice!) in case I decide to collect them another way.

I mailed out 2 cards this morning and I had some inspiration so I’m making a few new cards. I’ve settled on the collage type cards. I love it! So fun.

11 Likes

My mom has taken me to the art museum a few times and the older I get the more I enjoy it! :sweat_smile:

So glad to see some of my snail mail finally getting where it’s supposed to be!!! The ATC swap is giving me mail anxiety with some of my cards… lol

4 Likes

I got my new bird pictures the other day so I’ll be putting together some more happy mail soon!

6 Likes

I REALLY want to join in with this (love happy mail so much!!) but I promised myself I would get some of my swap projects finished first. This is such a happy thread!!

8 Likes

woo-hoo Checked the mail box this morning and found some great happy mail from @Reinikka!

She included a red themed ATC for my collection…lovely to have one from you! And the a handmade envelope…thanks!

5 Likes

Yay! Glad you like it! Did you get the Birthday card too? Cause I sent the Birthday card the day before all that other stuff :sweat_smile: lol. Wouldn’t be the first time this month that mail arrives in the wrong order :rofl:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth?! :rofl:

No, I did get two envelopes, but one just had the thing you left out for me to use with the quote inside…maybe tomorrow! YAY! It is my birthday tomorrow, er, today…

EDITED: I just checked Informed delivery! There is another envelope from you today…plus three others! Have to run around doing errands today (nothing fun…doctors, and such)…and our mail runs very late…but so excited!

1 Like

Happy birthday!

3 Likes

Hooray!

Happy Birthday :partying_face:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday! :birthday: :partying_face:

1 Like

Happy Birthday!! :cake: :confetti_ball:

I started on some happy mail things yesterday, it was good to be doing something in my craft space that got taken over by my desk space last year. But it’s a challenge for me, this is not my area. I have enjoyed playing around with things though.

Need some more me time to do more stuff.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday again @AIMR :partying_face:

I have the strongest intentions to finally work on some happy mail as soon as I have finished my swap projects. Since we’re partially back in school (senior classes are back, the other classes are still at home) I’m running low on time and I have too many things on my mind. But I have ordered some more supplies :slight_smile: and I’ve got ideas :laughing:

3 Likes