Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

The stamps I bought last week to send to the US have cows on them. I thought they were funny :smiley:

6 Likes

I buy my stamps online too. I like to browse without holding up the line. I think they just charge $1.30 no matter how many sheets you buy.

2 Likes

Hmm…I might want weird creepy stickers? But not if they’re gory. Are they gory? Give us a preview of one! Lol. I’m so curious.

1 Like

Me me me!

Oh and I am also an online postage stamp purchaser. I “pre-ordered” the barn postcard stamps last month. It was so exciting to have something other than the fish (I love the fish, just need some variety).

3 Likes

I saw those barn ones and loved them! I think I’ll be ordering them as well.

3 Likes

Stickers!

Gore-ish (mostly creepy and implied gore?):

Tattoo imagery:

Skulls, western style:

And I accidently ordered two… I thought I cancelled one but apparently not :stuck_out_tongue: So I have two of each sheet. If more than two people want one I’ll draw names tomorrow morning to keep it fair :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like them all, but the last 2 are my favorites. Very cool!

2 Likes

I still kinda like the animals. :joy: I think they’d make for some really interesting alternative Valentines. Lol!!

I like the western skulls as well!

1 Like

I think y’all are gonna be surprised at how this hot mess turns out…

Do you have a spatter box? It is so handy for messy paint crafts. The top and back are tracing paper to let in light so you can see what you’re doing. I had to much fun speckling wet paint with an old toothbrush, lol. Got some on my swants but it came right out, thank goodness!

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this! In the art journal craftalongs we do a lot of paint spatter…my laptop and mouse as well as my sewing machine and clothes are covered in paint!

1 Like

It’s easy to control direction of splatters too, you just aim for the back and sides! I turn the work half way through to make sure I’m getting the speckles on the front edge too.
I’m not happy with my crafting space, I was painting on the kitchen table last night and it felt so hobbled having to be careful not to get it everywhere. Funny enough, I have a feeling I’m about to move back down to the basement, my original crafting room, lol. At least I’ve destashed a whole bunch so things will fit with space to spare this time around, no bins and totes full of tiny felted sweater confetti, hahahaha!

2 Likes

awww–I got a very nice letter from @Lynx mom! I think most of the country is having worst weather than she is in Alaska! wow…they are having a warm spell! Nice to get a handwritten letter…

3 Likes

Finally got around to setting up the St. Patrick’s Day Handmade Card Exchange:green_heart:

3 Likes

I got happy mail from @susieoregon today! Thank you!

12 Likes

I love that card! So stealing the round circles tree theme…

Got my flip flops on to trudge to the mailbox…67 degrees here today…someone in this group has a wicked sense of humor…look what I got…ha ha ha

(thanks, @Whistlefish…certainly made me smile…beautiful picture, just as I prefer snow to be…in a picture! ha ha ha)

10 Likes

Well I’m super late to the party but I think I could throw a little bit of happy mail around!!

I’m Deanna and I live in sunny AZ. I have a hubby, 4 kids, 3 kids in law, 1.5 grandchildren, two dogs (and a partridge in a pear tree). It’s weird to think that in a few short years we’ll be empty nesters!

I haven’t met a craft I didn’t like, although there are many I don’t know how to do. :woman_shrugging: I only request that anything you send be PG 13 rated and non political.

I LOOOOOVE miniatures so I’d happily welcome teeny goodness if anything crosses your path that might serve and lay flat in an envelope.

You can ask me or @Reinikka for my address! I will be moving in September and I’ll update her with a new address when I have it.

9 Likes

I am almost ready to send! The livingroom floor is covered in envelops & papers, lol.
I think I’ve got your address Bunny, I’ll double check with you in a bit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I got your lovely Christmas card (thank you) so I suspect you do! :wink:

2 Likes

I received happy mail from @Reinikka! I have already planned our day out when it is safe to take public transportation. We can go to the food trucks for lunch! Do you like the art museum? Haha. I used to fantasize about fancy trips abroad, now it’s a trip to the downtown craft store and a gyro. :joy:

Thank you for the very pretty ATC. It’s in my journal, but still in its cover (those covers are nice!) in case I decide to collect them another way.

I mailed out 2 cards this morning and I had some inspiration so I’m making a few new cards. I’ve settled on the collage type cards. I love it! So fun.

11 Likes

My mom has taken me to the art museum a few times and the older I get the more I enjoy it! :sweat_smile:

So glad to see some of my snail mail finally getting where it’s supposed to be!!! The ATC swap is giving me mail anxiety with some of my cards… lol

4 Likes