Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I made cards with the stickers I got! Immediate turn around.

3 Likes

And then today from @Whistlefish!

The artwork is of a sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet, which makes me a little giddy as a word nerd :hugs:. Totally turning that into a trivia question. Thanks, Alex!

13 Likes

I love that!

That is the greatest!

I received an adorable Kiwi chick postcard and goodies from @jemimah Thank you!!

9 Likes

Hi! I’m Robin. Just jumping on in here because someone said Happy Mail and I could use a little Happy Mail, whether that is creating or receiving it.

I’m sort of not great at writing letters. Okay I’m awful and my handwriting is not pretty but I’d love to send along little crafted and store bought surprises with maybe a little note.

As for receiving: I’ll just be happy to get fun mail.

I live in Portland Oregon, USA. I’m a professor at a local university. I teach public health; my area of research is substance use disorders and my passion is harm reduction.

I’m into flowers and plants, spiders, beetles, mushrooms, and bats. I’m also rather partial to social justice (harm reduction, BLM, trans rights, pride).

My kid is 13 and into mushrooms, goblins, cats, and anything that lets him express trans joy. He also likes candy. Heh.

You can PM or ask @Reinikka for my address.

14 Likes

I literally dropped a postcard in the mail for you this morning. :heart: I’m glad you are joining. It really is happy.

6 Likes

Yay!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Robin :wave: Good to see you!

2 Likes

Yay! Hi :wave: :blush:

@Abbeeroad, I got your happy mail (even though you aren’t in this along… yet!)

This is such a treasure, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

12 Likes

Yay!!! I’m glad you got it!! I didn’t make the card. I think it came from @sheepBlue at some point. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, it’s so your colours!

2 Likes

What!? Oh I’ll keep my eye on my mailbox! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m going to scurry over to the info links so I can craft up some fun mail.

3 Likes

I read your hair tie post and thought you could use a friendly hello. I had your address from a previous swap. Creepy, no? Haha.

5 Likes

That’s the old-school way of doing Happy Mail :wink: Back before we got organized :joy:

So glad to see you join us @Rlynn :grin: We should start a PDX (and neighbors) Club :heart:

6 Likes

Not creepy at all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much! I love that happy mail is already on its way!

And yes @Reinikka!! I’d love a get together when all this COVID stuff is behind us.

4 Likes

My handwriting is so bad we joke at work if you judged by handwriting alone I would be a physician! Most my notes are typed it takes me awhile to hand write them because I have to remind myself someone actually has to read this!

3 Likes

I’m going to type the next one. My scrawl is tedious, I’m getting tired of looking at it.

I thought about doing that, just because then I could send the same message to a few people. Or maybe I will write one and take a photo and print that?

I quite like my writing, but hubby says it is unreadable! @Ewulotta - did you have any issues reading my writing? Maybe I am kidding myself :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

No, it was absolutely readable! Don’t listen to your hubby :wink:

3 Likes