Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received the same card from @Amfkinney! Don’t know how it got here so fast. I send out a few cards every week but they seem to take ages to arrive.

2 Likes

So I still need to get on the ball and get some out…fresh stamps in hand! But, I did take a moment to use all this happy mail to decorate

13 Likes

I like that! It looks great.

3 Likes

That sounds intense! I know what you mean about travelling styles - I like to plan a few special things, but mostly prefer to be relaxed and see where the day takes me. Sometimes the unplanned bits can be the highlights I think :grinning: I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time in any case!

That’s a lovely cheerful display @Bugaboo!

3 Likes

Love your display, @Bugaboo…and, I see we have something else in common…I collect those goofy sun driven figurines…my brother, who is a truck driver, used to pick one up for me each time he went out on a long haul…I think he got them at the dollar stores when he picked up necessities…they are silly, but I love them…

4 Likes

I received a few more cards! How can you have a bad day when you get to open happy mail!

9 Likes

Its cheery even though its been raining and blah forever here!

@AIMR I am the same I like to go to obscure places and be with the people. I generally travel and just see what happens. I usually avoid tourist destinations I love but have had enough of major museums and exhibits in my life! My best travels are always when I just befriend people and see what happens. @Amfkinney has been the recipient of many texts where I’m like “ok we’re…” and she text back “you went alone whose we???” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh, where are you going?
I can’t wait to travel again —
(but I agree that too much pre planning can be stressful)

A lady I know is going to Disney World with her son & d-i-l this fall, and the d-i-l is asking her to pick out what she wants to eat for the middle of OCTOBER! She says she doesn’t know what she will want to eat then, LOL (I feel the same way :smiley:

and I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the correct thread, but I got a card from @geekgirl that made me so happy! the envelope & card are lovely, and there are STICKERS inside! Excited to use them on happy mail :slight_smile: Thanks so much!

6 Likes

We are going to Crested Butte and Telluride, Colorado. lol She even has restaurants listed. Yes, we are very different travelers, but I am adaptable. It will be fun and hopefully relaxing. When I plan our trip to Hawaii, she is going to get the name of the condo on the itinerary…I am sure she will be just as stressed out! :joy:

I also got a lovely card for @geekgirl!

4 Likes

oh, that will be fun!
we are trying to plan a trip in July, and I’m hoping we can find a place in Colorado.
Hubby is also looking at Jackson Hole WY, but the condos he has found are 1000 bucks a night & too rich for my blood :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I received some more happy mail! :blush: Three lovely cards! A pretty handmade one from @Bunny1kenobi’s mil, a pretty one from @Amfkinney (plus a pretty rose tag) and one of @Ewulotta pretty earth cards (with some extra lovelies - please also tell your daughter thank you!) and all three with a nice note inside! Thank you so much for the happiness! :love_letter:

21hmtcf3pwlggi

10 Likes

We have such pretty places to go in the US…my sister and I decided we would go to some of them together. Telluride is also expensive. A nice hotel room is running about $1700 a night. You should check some of the smaller towns around these resorts…the drive is about 20-40 minutes but the prices are way more reasonable. Many celebrities live in those areas so they have driven up the prices…but there are still ways regular people like us can enjoy the scenery and places to visit!

2 Likes

I love the way you displayed these!

1 Like

I sent out a few today and also received from @geekgirl and @bluebird. Thank you!

Across the board, those stickers/ephemera bits are going to be so fun to use. If I can resist the urge to hoard them…

9 Likes

I made cards with the stickers I got! Immediate turn around.

3 Likes

And then today from @Whistlefish!

The artwork is of a sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet, which makes me a little giddy as a word nerd :hugs:. Totally turning that into a trivia question. Thanks, Alex!

13 Likes

I love that!

That is the greatest!

I received an adorable Kiwi chick postcard and goodies from @jemimah Thank you!!

9 Likes

Hi! I’m Robin. Just jumping on in here because someone said Happy Mail and I could use a little Happy Mail, whether that is creating or receiving it.

I’m sort of not great at writing letters. Okay I’m awful and my handwriting is not pretty but I’d love to send along little crafted and store bought surprises with maybe a little note.

As for receiving: I’ll just be happy to get fun mail.

I live in Portland Oregon, USA. I’m a professor at a local university. I teach public health; my area of research is substance use disorders and my passion is harm reduction.

I’m into flowers and plants, spiders, beetles, mushrooms, and bats. I’m also rather partial to social justice (harm reduction, BLM, trans rights, pride).

My kid is 13 and into mushrooms, goblins, cats, and anything that lets him express trans joy. He also likes candy. Heh.

You can PM or ask @Reinikka for my address.

14 Likes