Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

My handwriting is so bad we joke at work if you judged by handwriting alone I would be a physician! Most my notes are typed it takes me awhile to hand write them because I have to remind myself someone actually has to read this!

3 Likes

I’m going to type the next one. My scrawl is tedious, I’m getting tired of looking at it.

I thought about doing that, just because then I could send the same message to a few people. Or maybe I will write one and take a photo and print that?

I quite like my writing, but hubby says it is unreadable! @Ewulotta - did you have any issues reading my writing? Maybe I am kidding myself :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

No, it was absolutely readable! Don’t listen to your hubby :wink:

3 Likes

I could read your writing just fine!

I’ve been using up my supply of pre-made cards and photos glued to card fronts, all with different hand written notes. I think next round will be hand made artsy things with a typed letter. Then I can focus on the art part. Switch it up here and there…

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Savannah and if you wish to send to me, you can use the same address as my mom, @Lynx. I enjoy reading books -my most recent adventure being David Copperfield by Charles Dickens- soccer, music, and making art. I like collecting ATCs, 4x6s, 5x7s, and canvas paintings. I love to receive things in the mail that are just for me to enjoy and hope this will provide the opportunity.

12 Likes

I received more happy mail from @Amfkinney and @Magpie who are also happy mail making machines.

This brings joy to my heart.*

*Except when mine take forever to arrive at their destination :cry:

8 Likes

A few days ago I received a gorgeous sunset photo taken by @Bunny1kenobi’s talented son, and this pretty doodled card and extras from @geekgirl.

Many thanks ladies!

8 Likes

Thank you to @bluebird @Reinikka @Bunny1kenobi @Amfkinney and @Lynx for recent Happy Mail :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:
I’ll add a photo when I get a moment, but know that you are appreciated!

ETA - plus one from @geekgirl!

8 Likes

I received a beautiful marigold & bee card and cute little penguin clip from @Cindy! Thank you! :blush:

12 Likes

WOW! That is a super close-up…beautiful!!!

3 Likes

Welcome @GeekyBookworm :grin: So happy to have you join us!

I also received Happy Mail from @geekgirl and @Bunny1kenobi this week but the last few days have been a whirlwind! So I’ll share pictures later :sleeping:

5 Likes

Okay. I am motivated. I bought some crafty supplies because of course I don’t have what I need in my craft hoard.

As soon as they get here, I’ll start putting the happy mail together and getting them sent out on their way! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

so cool!
that sentence is much more interesting than “the quick brown fox, yada yada”!
I need to remember this!

2 Likes

wow!!
love this

2 Likes

I was just thinking…what’s up with all of these Portlanders? LOL
I’ve been mailing to several folks from out there in Shop The Swap, which is just finishing up.
I definitely want to get out there at some point!
My dtr & her hubby live in Seattle, so maybe it’s not too too far when I visit her?

5 Likes

Hello & welcome!
What fun to have a mom/daughter duo in the group :slight_smile:
I’m a bookworm as well…mostly fluff lately, LOL
I really should revisit some of the classics, and you have me thinking about David Copperfield now!

(compiling posts)
@Magpie, your handwriting was fine for me!
I just re-read your first note to me because (will wonders never cease) I am FINALLY getting some happy mail ready to go out!!
Now here’s hoping that it won’t take too long to get to Canada!
Have a great week!

4 Likes

I have a whole collection of classics. :sweat_smile: Plus a whole lot of others. :thinking:

7 Likes

I’ve received a pile of mail again & will send some out this week! I had a plan in my head that didn’t work out, so I made a new plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have half sisters around PDX, too.

4 Likes