Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I have half sisters around PDX, too.

4 Likes

I wrote a couple letters this weekend and I’m getting a few cards out with them tomorrow.

Portland is popular. I can barely afford to live here anymore and the traffic is awful. If they want us to come back to the office full time I’m considering moving back to southern Oregon.

I love it here, but I need a life outside of sitting angrily in my car (I just had to fight traffic. On a Sunday!)

Glad to be home:

12 Likes

He looks so comfortable on those pretty quilts!

I can imagine that it takes all the joy of living somewhere away if you end up in traffic jams every time you go somewhere. What I love most about my city is that everywhere I need to go is within walking/cycling distance. Pre-pandemic the rush hours could be bad but it wasn’t my problem.

3 Likes

hahahaha that’s my always!!!

4 Likes

Same here :joy: Since I joined this craftalong I’ve especially stocked up on stamps, masking tape and pens :muscle:

9 Likes

Hey guys, if you haven’t seen it yet, @Smmarrt is hosting the Paper Embellishment and Ephemera Swap It looks like fun and some of you might enjoy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After finally getting over the block in my head about the cards that I made being too simple/basic/not as good as I had envisioned, I’ll finally be getting some happy mail out this week! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks for the reminder!
I took a peek & promptly forgot to go back & read it thoroughly :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m having an easier time sending “less than perfect” cards than I thought I would. I think because they are sent freely instead of under swap rules I don’t overthink them (too much :wink:). But I totally understand wanting your vision to become a beautiful and perfect reality :sweat_smile: I’m sure whoever receives from you will be happy, and that’s the goal of Happy Mail, right? :wink:

9 Likes

I just signed up! Hopefully my partner understands I don’t do master boards and such. I wholey lack the supplies and room/time for another craft BUT I do have tools for other ideas!!!

7 Likes

There’s nothing quite like writing out cards to make you realize just how bad your handwriting has gotten. I’ll be offering free interpretation services for anyone who gets mail from me :joy:

9 Likes

I enjoy every type of happy mail: purchased cards, letters (typed or handwritten) simple handmade cards, complicated handmade cards. I just love the idea that someone across the world sat down and wrote this kind message especially for me.

My handwriting has also become terrible. I recently came across some college notes and wow, my handwriting was impressive back then. Also: wow, back when I was in college everyone was taking notes by hand. Feels like that was a century ago instead of a little more than a decade.

8 Likes

I will be so happy with any paper goodies, I mostly asked for stuff to decorate happy mail! Like we all have different rubber stamps, right? I don’t want to buy (& store omg) any more so your stamps on cool papers would be great to have. Easy enough for anybody with even only a little bit of supplies! I would also really love some of those collage faces with the features cut from all different pictures. Those are so fun animal versions too!

5 Likes

LOL too funny!

2 Likes

The funny thing is these so-called crafty supplies are actually just office supplies, like paper clips and paper tags and those circle price tag/label stickers. But I have ideas for using them in crafty ways and apparently in all the years of my adulting I never purchased office supplies. Obscure craft supplies, check. Paper clips…? Er…nope.

8 Likes

I have a whole lot of paper clips although I don’t really need them. I’ve just found out that the kids rummage in my desk drawers and swipe the paper clips to make pick locks. Obviously they are private investigators.

6 Likes

exactly but that’s if I can read my own hand writing to interpret it for you!

4 Likes

OMG I have had an obsession with office supplies for no logical reason like FOREVER!!! I also have a box of old typing paper like the real stuff from the 50’s! Its cool to use in resin crafts disappears like a water slide

4 Likes

@bluebird, my mom and I both received happy mail from you today. The card is so cute, and thanks for the extras!

I’ll try to share a photo later.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I need to catch up on sharing some Happy Mail!

From @geekgirl, beautiful coloring page card and extra happy goodies! :heart_eyes:

From @Bunny1kenobi, photograph card, picture taken by her son. Love it!

And from @bluebird, stamps! :star_struck: And fortunes, and extra little goodies :grin: (PS - I have not received the June to the Moon card yet but I suspect the mail system is still having hiccups :wink:)

I have been oh-so-slow in getting my May cards out :stuck_out_tongue: Just going between super busy days and not feeling well days :face_with_thermometer: bleh

7 Likes