Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

WOW! That is a super close-up…beautiful!!!

3 Likes

Welcome @GeekyBookworm :grin: So happy to have you join us!

I also received Happy Mail from @geekgirl and @Bunny1kenobi this week but the last few days have been a whirlwind! So I’ll share pictures later :sleeping:

5 Likes

Okay. I am motivated. I bought some crafty supplies because of course I don’t have what I need in my craft hoard.

As soon as they get here, I’ll start putting the happy mail together and getting them sent out on their way! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

so cool!
that sentence is much more interesting than “the quick brown fox, yada yada”!
I need to remember this!

2 Likes

wow!!
love this

2 Likes

I was just thinking…what’s up with all of these Portlanders? LOL
I’ve been mailing to several folks from out there in Shop The Swap, which is just finishing up.
I definitely want to get out there at some point!
My dtr & her hubby live in Seattle, so maybe it’s not too too far when I visit her?

5 Likes

Hello & welcome!
What fun to have a mom/daughter duo in the group :slight_smile:
I’m a bookworm as well…mostly fluff lately, LOL
I really should revisit some of the classics, and you have me thinking about David Copperfield now!

(compiling posts)
@Magpie, your handwriting was fine for me!
I just re-read your first note to me because (will wonders never cease) I am FINALLY getting some happy mail ready to go out!!
Now here’s hoping that it won’t take too long to get to Canada!
Have a great week!

4 Likes

I have a whole collection of classics. :sweat_smile: Plus a whole lot of others. :thinking:

7 Likes

I’ve received a pile of mail again & will send some out this week! I had a plan in my head that didn’t work out, so I made a new plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have half sisters around PDX, too.

4 Likes

I wrote a couple letters this weekend and I’m getting a few cards out with them tomorrow.

Portland is popular. I can barely afford to live here anymore and the traffic is awful. If they want us to come back to the office full time I’m considering moving back to southern Oregon.

I love it here, but I need a life outside of sitting angrily in my car (I just had to fight traffic. On a Sunday!)

Glad to be home:

12 Likes

He looks so comfortable on those pretty quilts!

I can imagine that it takes all the joy of living somewhere away if you end up in traffic jams every time you go somewhere. What I love most about my city is that everywhere I need to go is within walking/cycling distance. Pre-pandemic the rush hours could be bad but it wasn’t my problem.

3 Likes

hahahaha that’s my always!!!

4 Likes

Same here :joy: Since I joined this craftalong I’ve especially stocked up on stamps, masking tape and pens :muscle:

9 Likes

Hey guys, if you haven’t seen it yet, @Smmarrt is hosting the Paper Embellishment and Ephemera Swap It looks like fun and some of you might enjoy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After finally getting over the block in my head about the cards that I made being too simple/basic/not as good as I had envisioned, I’ll finally be getting some happy mail out this week! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks for the reminder!
I took a peek & promptly forgot to go back & read it thoroughly :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m having an easier time sending “less than perfect” cards than I thought I would. I think because they are sent freely instead of under swap rules I don’t overthink them (too much :wink:). But I totally understand wanting your vision to become a beautiful and perfect reality :sweat_smile: I’m sure whoever receives from you will be happy, and that’s the goal of Happy Mail, right? :wink:

9 Likes

I just signed up! Hopefully my partner understands I don’t do master boards and such. I wholey lack the supplies and room/time for another craft BUT I do have tools for other ideas!!!

7 Likes

There’s nothing quite like writing out cards to make you realize just how bad your handwriting has gotten. I’ll be offering free interpretation services for anyone who gets mail from me :joy:

9 Likes