Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I sent out my 8th and 9th Happy Mail!

10 Likes

I so enjoyed my peaceful morning here while it lasted! The weather was so nice at about 5am LOL So I sat on the back deck, all cleaned up from master board sessions with 3 kids last night. Sipped my am coffee, ignored the old lady cat who insists on waking the entire house up and read my happy mail that came yesterday from @Lynx a beautiful supermen photo @GeekyBookworm sent a wonderful Mushu from Milan! and @seeuudee sent a little package with a beautiful photo of her flowers, herself! and this amazing pin! Thank you all for making the morning so enjoyable!

15 Likes

I got this really amazing piece from @saintcady!

(front)
20210611_145639_resize_32

(back)
20210611_145617_resize_31

15 Likes

I can’t take credit for the hummingbird side - I bought it that way. But I did laser the back with things I thought you’d like. :wink:

6 Likes

I do really like what you lasered on the front!!! All the things are things that I really enjoy! Thank you, for such an awesome piece!

5 Likes

I received a boredom buster happy mail from @Rlynn and @Jae3ird. It’s amazing and I love everything, but in an effort to not spoil anyone else’s packet too much I’ll just show these 2 photos.

Thank you so so much. It’s been a sh***y week and this was lovely to receive.

15 Likes

Sad that your week was not so good but I’m glad that our happy mail was able to at least bring a little cheer. :heart:

3 Likes

I got some wonderful happy mail! Beautiful flowers from @Cindy and @Amfkinney :blossom: :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus:

And random ephemera, including hilarious retro magazine covers (sizzling stories! fantastic dames!) from @Edel, with a beautiful hand painted card :heart:

Thank you so much!!

14 Likes

I got a new adult coloring book that has cards and envelopes….but who to send these “sea parrots” too?…:thinking:

19 Likes

That was such an interesting share on ZOOM…what a fantastic coloring book…nice job coloring…such pretty soft colors forming the wreath and the back of the envelope!

2 Likes

Awwwww, those are cute! I tried to get my son into “Puffin Rock” on Netflix because I thought the puffins were so cute but he wasn’t interested :sweat_smile: I heard a rumor that @Lynx likes birds, maybe she likes “sea parrots” too? :rofl:

6 Likes

Hello everyone. Tomorrow (June 12) is what would have been my step-mom’s birthday… on facebook her father posted asking anyone who wants to honor her memory to send a note of encouragement to someone (anyone).

“In her memory, we would ask anyone who would like to write a card of encouragement and give or mail it to someone (stranger or friend).
Lori was such an encouragement to others and it would please her to know others were paying it forward.”

Something we are doing already… it feels right that this group exists :heart: I didn’t feel particularly close to her, but after her passing I learned that she felt strongly for me. Something I can never change :broken_heart: I think of her often and in another time I might have been a better step-daughter for her…

Anyway, I just find it a fitting request and wanted to share it here. :heart: Weekends are busy family days for me so I’m sure I won’t have too much time to dwell on it. Just wanted to share. No pity needed, just keep doing what you’re doing :slight_smile: I truly believe that we are making the world a happier place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart:

16 Likes

She does!

2 Likes

I’ve received this cool June to the moon piece from @Ewulotta!

20210612_120702_resize_90

9 Likes

I am finally posting all of the lovely pieces I have received from everyone…let me tell you, these helped pre-surgery, post-surgery and now, as I am recovering…having a positive mind helps with the healing process, so I am grateful to all of you for just sending out stuff…I will be working on sending out some of my own happy mail now that I am able to get around more!

Starting from the upper left corner: from @geekgirl…one of her coloring cards and some cool mushroom stickers! from @Bunny1kenobi 's MIL…a lovely card wishing me well in my surgery; a funny postcard from @Ewulotta …you have the best handwriting…it looks like print! the lovely jack-in-the pulpit is from @Cindy and then a lovely and very happy floral treat from @Amfkinney !

Again, starting from the upper left, a gorgeous flower from @photojenn ; peeking out behind is a cute note I received from @magpie…I wanted to show off the playful pandas! The postcard from @susieoregon made me laugh…blue tits and bush tits…with a lovely pressed leaf attahed on the back! The rocket to the moon is from @bluebird .

Below, an envelope full of squaling delights from @thanate! It was like opening up a magic envelope…the tiny tiny happy mail almost got missed, but it made me so happy to open it up!

Then, I was pleased to get a card from @Bugaboo …such a clever way to do a card with the cut-outs.

Finally, I got a collaged teddy from @GeekyBookworm …he really hit me with a smile when I needed it…

I hope I didn’t miss anyone! If I did, I will probably discover it as I revisit my mail to cheer me up and to respond back!

12 Likes

It’s actually a Yellow Lady’s Slipper (orchid) There is a provincial park, close to where we lived in Alberta, that shuts down part of their campground for the month of June so that these flowers can bloom undisturbed.

3 Likes

Friends, I’m starting to hit my summer stride which means the focus will shift almost entirely to outside work, food stuff (growing, preparing, preserving), camping & bike riding. I have a few more letters to send & then my status is going to be “suspended for summer!”.
I’ll get back into this when the weather cools & we put the camper away for the season. I’m setting up a letter writing desk & moving back in to my repaired studio now so I will be ready for autumn crafting (& maybe even manage to stay on theme, haha!).

12 Likes

Thanks! It is a wonderful photo! I am trying to think what I can do with all of the beautiful photo type cards I have received…I am not a gifted photographer so I admire those who can take pretty pictures!

@Magpie —my poor tomatoes slumped over today, reminding me that I need to do some basic gardening, like staking them up, even though I don’t have a lot of chores!

Once I can start walking longer distances, I will be spending a lot of weekdays at the beach in the mornings and lunches at the local spots…it is tourist season here so it will be nice to see people out and about and people watch. I am sure there will lots of poor sunburned ones who have not seen the sun and such heat in quite a while.

We all have loved seeing your outdoor adventures so that will have to be our happy mail for the summer!

5 Likes

I got lovely June mail and a bday card from @bluebird , and I forgot to mention the lovely ATC from @susieoregon, which features a beautiful pressed pansy. Thanks, ladies!

6 Likes

Just an update: My brother is in the hospital with our mother and they are taking her off of all the machines. He’s there by himself. Please pray for peace and guidance for him. Thank you so much. :heart:

14 Likes