Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

The timing is so random, some things take a couple of weeks, others 6 weeks or more! I think it’s because we still have so few international flights here, as the borders are basically closed except for citizens, permanent residents, and Australians. But all the mail is worth the wait :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, quite a lot of happy mail!

I’m still here, trying to write some July cards while we’re still on vacation in the Netherlands :raising_hand_woman:. It’s going slowly… :sleepy: but I hope to send most of them when we’re back home.

5 Likes

I have always had a tentative grasp on the passage of time. Things for me that feel like “a few days ago” are often weeks past.

2020 destroyed any bare remaining thread of time sense I once did possess. Now it’s all tattered and torn, sailing on the wind with no anchor whatsoever and I truly have no real sense of how long ago something has been.

So when I think I’m a tiny bit delayed in replying to someone, or acknowledging something, often it’s well past any reasonable sense at that point and often embarrassing for having been silent for so long.

All of this is a way of saying I am still randomly sending as life and time permit. But moreover, I am receiving wonderful and delightful mailings. Each is opened lovingly and enjoyed. Each is intended to be posted for thanks…but just never seems to happen.

Please know that I DO truly appreciate all the happy mail I receive even if I don’t say so in public. Please do not take my silence for lack of thankfulness and merely see it as the way my brain [doesn’t] work.

15 Likes

@Amfkinney I received your card yesterday! It was fun reading your letter, and the stickers will be fun to play with.

I can’t rememberif I thanked @rlynn already for my watercolor fishy postcard. She has a great post with all the watercolor postcards she’s made lately! They are all wonderful!

7 Likes

You did! I’m glad you like it! :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

New Happy Mail from @Amfkinney and another batch headed out today!

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing the picture. This is what I also received. @amfkinney, my mom also recieved from you.

1 Like

I received happy mail from @photojenn! :blush: She sent a pretty card along with a bird themed coaster! Thank you so much! :blush: :love_letter:

9 Likes

Here is my coaster from @photojenn! I love it and use it every day. I also received the hello card and love the rainbow background. Your cards are cool.

Thank you so much Jenn!!

9 Likes

I thought it would be fun to attach the charm from @Lynx to my happy mail scrapbook.

I love it! Thank you so much Laura!

13 Likes

This makes me so happy!

5 Likes

Yay, I’m glad they’re arriving and being enjoyed! That makes me so happy!!

I tired to match the coaster fabrics to what I thought recipients would like best. And of course @bluebird needed one of the bird themed ones :slight_smile:

The cards were made by cutting up strips of my first time playing around with distress oxide sprays. I was uncharacteristically fearless and took a pair of scissors to it and just started cutting strips before I had any idea what I was going to make. A year ago Jenn would be like “who is this girl?” :joy:

8 Likes

I received this week, on the same day, from @jemimah and @Lynx. I’m going to post pictures this weekend so you all can see how confused I got opening them.

Laura, I’ll find a good use for my charm and let you know what I do with it. Thanks so much for including me!

7 Likes

Question for everyone… who likes Cryptids? :hugs:

Edit: to reduce replies, :heart: this post if you do

5 Likes

That’s a great idea! I’m going to do the same thing with my charm.

1 Like

The cards I received from Kirsten @jemimah and Laura @Lynx on the same day …

I decided to open Kirsten’s first (the flowers) and saw Laura’s watermark on the photo, which made me think I was actually opening Laura’s, but a check confirmed it was from Kirsten. After reading her note, I discovered Laura had made the card Kirsten sent. Talk about confusing.

I love them both!

12 Likes

They are both lovely…and, we are recirculating the loveliness around the world, it seems! lol

I would have been confused as well…lol

2 Likes

That is such a happy coincidence!

5 Likes

I got my cute little charm in its adorable envelope from @Lynx and a lovely card from @Amfkinney. Thank you, ladies!!

3 Likes

I got an adorable mini envelop with stamped charm too, thank you Laura!
I also got a card from @anna.wahnsinn who is not even in this swap (yet!).
And a card from @Bunny1kenobi .
Thanks everybody!

Just fyi, I’m taking a break from swapping & exchanges for summer so mail won’t pile up on the porch when we’re away.

11 Likes