Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

This is challenging me on both levels - paper crafting and trying to write!!!

One person is totally not getting paper craft - I hope they like it!!

I’m so happy receiving any non-boring mail.

4 Likes

I sent off a whole lot of happy mail! Shhhh no one tell @reinikka that I failed miserably at “mushroom March” (well, themes in general, but hey, happy mail is happy mail!) however I succeeded in a secular “easter” theme instead. I didn’t get everyone in this bunch, but I will be getting another batch going soon, I promise!

4 Likes

I got my mushroom march card from @Reinikka today, and thought to put it up with the holiday cards I still haven’t taken down yet.

Also it occurs to me that somewhere I have a whole bag of mushroom stickers, so I should look for that.

(also, @saintcady, I’m terrible at sending cards, so I’m more likely to send little bits of things to craft with rather than something note- or card-based.)

4 Likes

I received a great mushroom march card from @Reinikka too! Thank you so much! It’s been lovely to find things that aren’t bills or junk mail in the mail! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Join us @saintcady :smile: As many people have said, it’s just fun to get mail from someone! Much more fun than junk mail or bills :grin: Since we’re on Lettuce Craft we should try to be crafty but that can mean a variety of things :wink: Decorate with stickers, colored scribbles, send little craft supplies, a picture you took, just about anything really! :grin:

I’m glad my mushroom cards are being received quickly! :tada: Thanks everyone for mentioning when you receive :slight_smile: I have a running list now so I can keep track of what I sent and I like crossing things off as they’re received :smile:

I should work on some April & Easter cards… but I discovered a new-to-me video game and it’s been consuming my life! lol :sweat_smile: I’ll get to them eventually though :wink: but whatever I do I think I’ll have to spread them thinner so that I’m not spending all my money on stamps :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Spiffy. I’m in.
I’m Cady. I live in Portland, Oregon (or just outside it really). I’m a high school teacher and a mom to a just-turned-teenage boy, Max. I love the craft swaps because I love making things for other people, but I really love the idea of this being a small, quick, as many or as few as it works out to be sort of situation. I don’t really paper craft or write, so we can all be surprised together what ends up in envelopes from me. I have some general ideas, but who knows.

I love the idea of pictures, postcards, letters, etc. Happy to start trying to penpal, but my responses will almost definitely be typed. I gave @Reinikka my address, but am happy to supply it directly as well.
My son, Max, loves mail even more than I do. He currently loves pokemon, d&d, all cute animals, and swords.

Off to buy stamps!

10 Likes

I also received from @Reinikka for Mushroom March – thanks, Reinikka! Bonus: She and I are using the same postage stamps, so now I have a canceled one to play with :+1:t2:.

5 Likes

Speaking of stamps, I just bought a bunch today! Now I have the Earth Day ones (cuz, well, duh!) and some cool thank you ones. I also bought some boring global stamps because even though I like to send the fun stamps internationally, sometimes I just don’t have enough!

4 Likes

I sent an odd mix out with the mushroom cards so I can’t remember which one was on yours but I’m glad you’re happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve sent a couple of things, have another ready for the post office, and a few more to work on today. Mail to and from New Zealand might be very (very!) slow - but hey, that just adds to the surprise!

I also agree any happy mail is awesome, whatever it is - anything fun or creative or interesting that fits in an envelope is very welcome to me :love_letter: :rainbow:

4 Likes

I got yours! Forgot to post but didn’t forget to respond. In the process of writing you a novel of a letter. Get your accent(s) ready!

3 Likes

LOL :joy: I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

It was one of the Ruth Asawa ones. I think they’re so striking.

5 Likes

I got a lovely Mushroom March card from @Reinikka!! Thank you!! :hugs:

3 Likes

Me too! I wish they still sold them! I’m holding on to some of them because I don’t want to see them go! lol

Aaaaaaand I received the mega load of Happy Mail from @Magpie today!!! I am well beyond spoiled! My hand is tired from the massive letter I just wrote in response! :laughing: I’ll try to get it sent on it’s way tomorrow :slight_smile: and I’ll also get pictures later.

I also received this bundle of paper crafting goodies from a mystery person… was it one of you? I haven’t opened the bags yet but it looks like fun! So thank you whoever you are! And if it’s not one of you then I have some off-line people to ask :smile: It was sent from an etsy shop so I can’t even guess by where in the world it came from.

I’m feeling all kinds of happy today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, just LOOK at all those mushrooms! And the sewing machine stamp? Get outta here! Canadian stamps are so boooorrrring by comparison. I save all the stamps I get from y’all.

4 Likes

I just sent out the last of those that I had! I was happy to have received a canceled one, too!

3 Likes

It had to have been someone here…look at all the mushrooms! Someone mushroom bombed you.

It wasn’t me BUT I do have a fat letter going out in the mail today for ya! :green_heart:

6 Likes

Oh, no, I didn’t realized they’d discontinued them! I mean, there are plenty of options, but that’s a shame.

Also, U.S. folks buying stamps from the USPS website, it looks like there’s some maintenance going on next week that will impact shipping times. So if you need stamps from there, you may want to jump on it this week.

2 Likes

I have been remiss in posting my happy mail…been kinda hard because I am also very emotional at some of the ones I have been reading…I am cleaning up my messy space today and hope to be making some happy mail by this afternoon…I will also take pics so I can thank each of you who have kept my spirits up during this challenging time.

I am loving the creativity and just plain fun we are having here…best “swap” ever!

8 Likes