Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received some lovely happy mail! I’ve been out of town so my mailbox was just full of goodies!

From @Whistlefish and @Reinikka:

From @geekgirl:

And a whole lovely pile of stuff from @bluebird:

Thank you, ladies!!!

9 Likes

I would love that too. It’s mail that makes you happy, right? So you can’t go wrong.

6 Likes

So disappointed 🥲 I received my photo paper but now I can only find one mushroom picture. I know I took a bunch this summer but must have deleted them.

3 Likes

This is challenging me on both levels - paper crafting and trying to write!!!

One person is totally not getting paper craft - I hope they like it!!

I’m so happy receiving any non-boring mail.

4 Likes

I sent off a whole lot of happy mail! Shhhh no one tell @reinikka that I failed miserably at “mushroom March” (well, themes in general, but hey, happy mail is happy mail!) however I succeeded in a secular “easter” theme instead. I didn’t get everyone in this bunch, but I will be getting another batch going soon, I promise!

4 Likes

I got my mushroom march card from @Reinikka today, and thought to put it up with the holiday cards I still haven’t taken down yet.

Also it occurs to me that somewhere I have a whole bag of mushroom stickers, so I should look for that.

(also, @saintcady, I’m terrible at sending cards, so I’m more likely to send little bits of things to craft with rather than something note- or card-based.)

4 Likes

I received a great mushroom march card from @Reinikka too! Thank you so much! It’s been lovely to find things that aren’t bills or junk mail in the mail! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Join us @saintcady :smile: As many people have said, it’s just fun to get mail from someone! Much more fun than junk mail or bills :grin: Since we’re on Lettuce Craft we should try to be crafty but that can mean a variety of things :wink: Decorate with stickers, colored scribbles, send little craft supplies, a picture you took, just about anything really! :grin:

I’m glad my mushroom cards are being received quickly! :tada: Thanks everyone for mentioning when you receive :slight_smile: I have a running list now so I can keep track of what I sent and I like crossing things off as they’re received :smile:

I should work on some April & Easter cards… but I discovered a new-to-me video game and it’s been consuming my life! lol :sweat_smile: I’ll get to them eventually though :wink: but whatever I do I think I’ll have to spread them thinner so that I’m not spending all my money on stamps :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Spiffy. I’m in.
I’m Cady. I live in Portland, Oregon (or just outside it really). I’m a high school teacher and a mom to a just-turned-teenage boy, Max. I love the craft swaps because I love making things for other people, but I really love the idea of this being a small, quick, as many or as few as it works out to be sort of situation. I don’t really paper craft or write, so we can all be surprised together what ends up in envelopes from me. I have some general ideas, but who knows.

I love the idea of pictures, postcards, letters, etc. Happy to start trying to penpal, but my responses will almost definitely be typed. I gave @Reinikka my address, but am happy to supply it directly as well.
My son, Max, loves mail even more than I do. He currently loves pokemon, d&d, all cute animals, and swords.

Off to buy stamps!

10 Likes

I also received from @Reinikka for Mushroom March – thanks, Reinikka! Bonus: She and I are using the same postage stamps, so now I have a canceled one to play with :+1:t2:.

5 Likes

Speaking of stamps, I just bought a bunch today! Now I have the Earth Day ones (cuz, well, duh!) and some cool thank you ones. I also bought some boring global stamps because even though I like to send the fun stamps internationally, sometimes I just don’t have enough!

4 Likes

I sent an odd mix out with the mushroom cards so I can’t remember which one was on yours but I’m glad you’re happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve sent a couple of things, have another ready for the post office, and a few more to work on today. Mail to and from New Zealand might be very (very!) slow - but hey, that just adds to the surprise!

I also agree any happy mail is awesome, whatever it is - anything fun or creative or interesting that fits in an envelope is very welcome to me :love_letter: :rainbow:

4 Likes

I got yours! Forgot to post but didn’t forget to respond. In the process of writing you a novel of a letter. Get your accent(s) ready!

3 Likes

LOL :joy: I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

It was one of the Ruth Asawa ones. I think they’re so striking.

5 Likes

I got a lovely Mushroom March card from @Reinikka!! Thank you!! :hugs:

3 Likes

Me too! I wish they still sold them! I’m holding on to some of them because I don’t want to see them go! lol

Aaaaaaand I received the mega load of Happy Mail from @Magpie today!!! I am well beyond spoiled! My hand is tired from the massive letter I just wrote in response! :laughing: I’ll try to get it sent on it’s way tomorrow :slight_smile: and I’ll also get pictures later.

I also received this bundle of paper crafting goodies from a mystery person… was it one of you? I haven’t opened the bags yet but it looks like fun! So thank you whoever you are! And if it’s not one of you then I have some off-line people to ask :smile: It was sent from an etsy shop so I can’t even guess by where in the world it came from.

I’m feeling all kinds of happy today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, just LOOK at all those mushrooms! And the sewing machine stamp? Get outta here! Canadian stamps are so boooorrrring by comparison. I save all the stamps I get from y’all.

4 Likes

I just sent out the last of those that I had! I was happy to have received a canceled one, too!

3 Likes