Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I got lovely mail during the week from @kittykill and @amfkinney thank you both so much xxx it’s been a crazy busy month, so I’ve not sent any, but hopefully soon xx

3 Likes

Okay, as promised, here’s the hoard I got from @jemimah this week.
4x6s

Postcards (some of which may make another appearance in this craftalong)

Thanks, Kirsten! When USPS is ready, you’re on my list!

4 Likes

Boooooo :stuck_out_tongue: I sent you something last week (I think?)… hope it gets to you eventually :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

New Zealand and Australia have footnotes on their bans to say which services are included, and it doesn’t look like first class letter rate is actually on the list. So, no swap packages or anything, but I don’t think they’re actually refusing cards and letters.

On the other hand, it may take even longer for things to get into the country for a while. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh OK that’s something! The news article I read didn’t specify, just said it was suspended. So, no swap packages, but letters will still get through. :grinning:

But I’m not optimistic about how long they will take to get here with more disruption …

Edited to add - I updated my post above. Given that it’s likely to be disrupted/even slower, my US happy mail friends might want to limit mailing things for a while.

5 Likes

Happy October

so sorry I’m a bit late…

:stew: :open_book: :shallow_pan_of_food:
This month we are having a Recipe Exchange and/or celebrating Autumn Showers Bring Quiet Cozy Hours (for crafting, reading, etc) and/or do your own things because we aren’t keeping score :wink:
:art: :books: :yarn:

:birthday: :tada: :birthday:
October Birthdays
@Teachergirl (Yesterday!) & @Lynx (the 8th)
:birthday: :tada: :birthday:

If your birthday is in November and you want to be on the list send me a message or post here! I’ll work on updating things tomorrow or Tuesday.

:shallow_pan_of_food: Recipe Reminder - When sharing recipes please keep in mind that some Happy Mailers are under the legal drinking age and some may not drink regardless of age :wink: Similarly, when receiving recipes keep in mind that no one is trying to offend/poison you even if there are ingredients you don’t ingest or are allergic to :wink:

personal message We’re having some sad things going on over here so if I forget to do something (update craftalong info, share an address, etc) please give me a gentile nudge :heart: I’ll share more later - if I don’t type it then I don’t cry :no_mouth:

13 Likes

Hugs, Rein. I’m so sorry. :heart:

5 Likes

Big hug from me … I’m famous for my hugs. Take all the time for yourself you need!

I received from you … it’s hard not to answer your questions on here :smiley: I’ll write back instead.

Thanks for the paper clips and recipe, which I will be trying.

5 Likes

I hope whatever is going on with you comes to a resolution soon.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. The short story is that we will be putting one of our dogs down… The long story is that he’s old, grouchy, itchy, sore, etc and he bit our little guy… The bite wasn’t bad but the way he went after the little guy was scary. We had already been talking about it because the dog is having a hard time right now and his quality of life isn’t great. The bite made the decision easier. I’ll be calling a service today to make the arrangements. We’re planning on having it done at home to cause him as little stress as possible… It’s hard, it sucks, but mostly I’m dreading the sadness my kiddo will feel once it’s done. He’s still so little and we’ve started talking with him about how the dog is going to go away, but he thinks it’s temporary and doesn’t understand the forever part.

14 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this…I know when my forever dog got old, he started biting us, especially my husband…I think he couldn’t see or hear well and was afraid…it was the hardest thing I ever did, but I did not want him to lose quality of life (plus, we found out he had cancer as well…)…take care…your little one will be alright…children adapt so easy at that age, but he will be sad for a while because you are…hugs to you and your family!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re going through that. We had an old dog that did the same. He was grumpy, in pain, he was vulnerable and scared. Dogs bite when they’re in that situation. It’s such a difficult decision to make but it’s the right thing to do.

3 Likes

Hugs
:heart:

3 Likes

I received a postcard from @kittykill last week and yesterday a birthday packet from @BeesKnees

It was folded in threes and tied together with a fabric ribbon. Inside was this sweet penguin atc, a letter and some goodies for me to use. Thanks Brandee!

9 Likes

Oh how pretty! :heart:

1 Like

Sending hugs across the river, @Reinikka

4 Likes

ok, first post has been updated. Kicked off the September Birthdays and added a link for October’s “start”.

I feel like someone here has a November birthday that I’m forgetting about? If it’s you let me know! Otherwise I’ll dig into my notes Thursday/Friday/Someday

2 Likes

Yay glad you liked it :slight_smile: I’ve never made an ATC before, so that was a fun little challenge for me.

@Reinikka I’m a November b-day, but I don’t see your list of November babies to see if I was ‘missed’

3 Likes

It’s in the first post of the thread, I try to update it monthly so that only the current and next month birthdays are listed. I’ll add you now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aw, Rein… I’ve lost more furry friends than I ever wanted to. It’s hard every time. I’m grateful that he gets to go peacefully and you get to say goodbye. It’s not much comfort for you, I know. Wish I could hug you in person! :broken_heart:

3 Likes