Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I mailed 2 cards today and an experiment is headed to @Magpie

4 Likes

Yup… I collect skunks. My collection is a bit small though. Turns out there’s not a big market for skunk figurines and art? :woman_shrugging: :rofl: I have some handmade skunks and a stuffed Flower (from Bambie) and a few vintage ones. I’m just not a fan of Peppe le Pew :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: …also if I lived in Oregon it would be legal for me to have a pet skunk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They are so cute!!!

5 Likes

So close!

3 Likes

I also received from @Magpie. Funny story about the Quetzalcoatl page: I’m almost certain I have the other side of that spread, previously sent to me by Magpie :laughing:.

8 Likes

Oh, that is funny!
I took a weird old book about the letter Q apart but saved my fave pages. I’m never going to do anything with them though, wishful thinking, lol. Maybe you might turn them into something fun!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Becky & I live in Ohio. Our small town is designated as a village, so that gives you an idea of how small we are. Someone said I should sign up for this. :wink: It sounded like a good idea cause I’d love some Happy Mail & also it will be fun sending!
I’d love any kind of cute mail, postcards, anything & maybe some ATCs. I enjoy reading mysteries, & going to garage sales and thrift stores. I’m more of a dog person yet some how I only have one dog and seven cats!
You can as me or Reinikka for my address.

9 Likes

I received happy mail mushroom cards from @Reinikka and @susieoregon
thanks!

5 Likes

My MIL has been receiving happy mail and she is really thrilled! So, thank you to @susieoregon and, I think, @bluebird (April from FL is you, right?) - you Rock!

8 Likes

@LadybugsAndBees I was thinking of you this morning, and thought you might enjoy this low key happy mail craftalong.

5 Likes

@Reinikka I am going to be on the lookout for all things skunk on my thrift store trips and (maybe!!) some garage sales this summer (oh I can’t wait for a vaccine!) I also received your mushroom card. It’s so pretty!!

I am glad some of my cards are being received - there are some floating out there so hopefully people get them soon. Thanks for the USPS info @Reinikka! I hoard stamps and seltzer water so I better stock up! I will also be reaching out today to those of you who I don’t have an address for. I can’t believe all the effort everyone has put into their happy mail and I’m glad we have some more people joining.

I’ve been feeling a little down in the dumps this week, but I took a few days off from work to feel sad and I do feel a little better today. I am working on spring themed cards - cutting out flower petals and painting honey bees - so that is helping.

9 Likes

Thank you! I’m in the raffle swap and the little things swap right now and I don’t want to overload myself.

That said, I’ll probably look over this swap and join anyhow. :grin:

4 Likes

It’s not a swap and you only send at your leisure. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey friends, I reached out to @endymion to see if she would like her name added to the list to receive some happy mail from us here while she will be offline very busy with moving house and she said yes! So if you would like to mail a card of encouragement to her while she is doing one of the hardest and most consuming jobs there is, Rein has permission to share it with us.

Did everybody make their address available or are there folks here who want to be contacted individually for that info, Bunny, how about your mom’s? I prepped a HUGE stack on envelops with every address I’ve ever had, my friends and family included, and am madly making cards and writing letters. I’m not much for observing official occasions but I do enjoy marking the season change with something sweet in the mail to let my people know I’m thinking of them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’d be right there with you…I have two places I want to visit in my lifetime…Sanibel Island and Hawaii.

2 Likes

@Reinikka made a list at the top coded with icons to let everyone know how they preferred to give out their mailing address. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I received a piece of March Mushroom mail from @Reinikka today :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I might need to re-arrange it though… Maybe into sections instead of emojis? Is it possible to make a table on LC?

4 Likes

Do you know if her mail will get forwarded to her new house? And/or is there a date we should note for when to stop sending mail?

5 Likes

They are working on their house to get it ready to sell, I imagine the mail will be forwarded afterwards though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me! We won’t move for a least a few months. Just very busy doing things like painting and downsizing and organizing.

7 Likes