Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I hope people know that letters or stuff is not needed…just a friendly hello is fine!

I am making notes in my address book…so when I run across something, I will include it…this is a random thing and not any reflection of anything else…

You just hang in there…I know you and many are struggling with all of the new changes!

6 Likes

Oh wow, any mail that isn’t bills or junk is totally welcome! Zero extras are required, though I really do love personal notes, stories, recent life news. That’s just the best, most happy mail I can receive :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I hope you have a wonderful time with your nephew :smile:

I agree - I enjoy any mail that isn’t junk, it doesn’t need to be detailed or full of things. The most important thing for me is that we are enjoying making/sending happy little envelopes, at whatever speed works for each person. I know I’m pretty slow :snail:

6 Likes

There are some of you that I send loooooong letters to and some I send short notes :slight_smile: Mostly because it takes me a while to “warm up” to each person lol :sweat_smile: I’m also starting to forget what I’ve said to who so if I repeat myself, sorry! :grin:

I also love any kind of mail I get that’s just for me. Small notes, long notes, little things, decorated envelope, plain envelope, etc. Anything feels special to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I hit the Lettuce Craft mail jackpot today!! TWO letters and THREE packages! Whaaa??

If I had self control I’d open them one-a-day but that’s no fun so I’m about to dive into all of them right now! :grin::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Overdue picture of the postcard from @bluebird and bunny card from @Lynx :heart: I think I might stock up on local postcards next time I see them :wink: It’s fun getting to know a little more about where you guys are from! :grin:

Here is another beautiful card from @AIMR and a mushroom march from @susieoregon :kissing_heart: You both are sending them faster than I can respond! lol

And I was spoiled by @geekgirl after crushing on her so hard in the 4x6 Art Swap :heart:

Thank you everyone!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I had the very same idea :smile: The only problem is that shops that sell them are closed again :disappointed_relieved:

These cards are all beautiful!
How do you keep or display the cards you receive?

3 Likes

Like this! :grin:

Little clothespins on strings. Some are tied on to keep spacing even, then I add more “temporary” clothespins as needed. It’s getting full though :sweat_smile: I think I’ll need to rotate some out… or hang more strings!

11 Likes

Love your display! So cheerful!

I like the idea of postcards as well…next time I go into town I will pick some up…it is nice to know a fact or two about where people live…I have postcards from prior swaps that I remember learning a bit about the country or city!

6 Likes

I’m hoping to make something this weekend to show off things. I was thinking of quilting a (probably more than 1) hanging strip and getting some peg type things to clip them on. Watch this space!!

7 Likes

I received happy mail today from @Ewulotta and @Reinikka today, but it’s too late and dark for pictures. I’ll try to share tomorrow. Thanks!

5 Likes

I got Happy Mail from @reinikka today!! I’ll write you back very soon! :smiley:

4 Likes

Still no mail from Florida but I did get mail from @AIMR! Will open it after my work for today is done.

1 Like

That card was for you for the Easter swap! No need to respond…you were the organizer and so I just made an extra!

5 Likes

I went a little crazy and bought a whole bunch of stamps. There are only two different stamps for international letters so I had no choice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Could have bought even more though :rofl:

16 Likes

those are cool stamps. in a couple weeks our postal service is going to start carrying espresso themed stamps. I think I will stock up on those :coffee:

7 Likes

Those are some cool stamps, @Ewulotta!

I am turning some experimental pages into happy mail!
From this…

I made these!

15 Likes

Wow, those are amazing!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!! I love your art work.

1 Like

I already ordered some! :laughing: :coffee:

3 Likes