Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I found it especially fascinating that even a smell and spatial experiences of a book contribute to memorizing what we read. It’s hard to explain it in English :crazy_face: I hope you know what I mean!

5 Likes

I love paper books, I love my Kindle, I think I have a few of the same book in both places :wink: Depends on why/what/where for which I prefer… although I haven’t been reading as much as I used to. I will sometimes listen to an audio book while driving, cleaning, cooking, etc.

4 Likes

@immaculata — I love those stamps! :heart_eyes: Hopefully your mail will arrive soon! :blush: I prefer writing by hand, it helps me to learn as well.

@susieoregon — yes to paper books :slight_smile: I do have a kindle, but love real books as well!

5 Likes

All mail seems to take forever lately! My mother sent me a card on Thursday morning, so it was supposed to arrive on Friday (small country). It didn’t arrive yesterday or today. No mail is delivered on Mondays here, so it will be at least Tuesday before it arrives.

3 Likes

I love both paper and kindle books AND I read like a fiend.

4 Likes

So happy to see so many of us still reading paper books! Although I seem to only be reading true crime books (mostly Ann Rule) or Stephen King. I do love myself an audiobook. I can listen to David Sedaris read his books all day long!

6 Likes

I like paperbacks and ebooks. My biggest issue is I had to stop buying paperbacks since I have just WAY too many taking over my master closet. LOL So I have tried to compromise and buy hardcovers of books/series I really love and loan out ebooks for paperbacks from the library.

4 Likes

I can read either.

I’ve become accustomed to ebooks since I can usually right now from the library and I have no patience. Lol. If it’s a really good book or if the formatting of the book is a bit different I prefer a real book, for sure. But reading on my phone (always with me) or my Kindle doesn’t bother me. Once I’ve delved into the world of whatever book I’m reading it doesn’t even register what I’m holding. I do prefer my phone sometimes oddly enough…I can be all cuddled in bed and only need one hand to hold my phone and swipe the pages. Lol.

3 Likes

More happy mail arrived here in Bristol.

Thank you @bluebird and @Ewulotta. These are making me smile when they drop through the door.

This weekend I have been making a mess / happy mail and will be sending some out during the week.

6 Likes

I truly apologize for not posting more pics of the lovely mail that I have received…been busy getting everything ready for my nephew to visit!

I did want to post a picture of the beautiful flowers @jemimah sent to me along with a happy mail !
Framed and hanging above my computer so I can enjoy it daily…thanks so much…it is always lovely to get your pieces.

15 Likes

That is so beautiful!

4 Likes

I’ve made good progress and have sent a few more April shower cards today. And I’ve just ordered some pretty flower stamps for the next round/theme.

5 Likes

What an amazing painting! So love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

So much mail goodness flying around the globe! I still have a stack of mail to sort through, so I’ll get to that soon. I’m trying to not feel the pressure of having to stuff an envelope full of stuff. I know it isn’t the expectation, but I would like to send something. I have 2 somethings in mind, and they should be easy enough to pull together.

Things have been very busy with school, and just when we’ve settled into the new routine, we’re changing it all again in a month. It’ll be like my traditional schedule and class sizes (up to 28 kids a class, 5 days a week in person), so it should ease the planning stress just a bit. Trying to be positive about it (hopefully without actually becoming positive).

8 Likes

I hope people know that letters or stuff is not needed…just a friendly hello is fine!

I am making notes in my address book…so when I run across something, I will include it…this is a random thing and not any reflection of anything else…

You just hang in there…I know you and many are struggling with all of the new changes!

6 Likes

Oh wow, any mail that isn’t bills or junk is totally welcome! Zero extras are required, though I really do love personal notes, stories, recent life news. That’s just the best, most happy mail I can receive :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I hope you have a wonderful time with your nephew :smile:

I agree - I enjoy any mail that isn’t junk, it doesn’t need to be detailed or full of things. The most important thing for me is that we are enjoying making/sending happy little envelopes, at whatever speed works for each person. I know I’m pretty slow :snail:

6 Likes

There are some of you that I send loooooong letters to and some I send short notes :slight_smile: Mostly because it takes me a while to “warm up” to each person lol :sweat_smile: I’m also starting to forget what I’ve said to who so if I repeat myself, sorry! :grin:

I also love any kind of mail I get that’s just for me. Small notes, long notes, little things, decorated envelope, plain envelope, etc. Anything feels special to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I hit the Lettuce Craft mail jackpot today!! TWO letters and THREE packages! Whaaa??

If I had self control I’d open them one-a-day but that’s no fun so I’m about to dive into all of them right now! :grin::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Overdue picture of the postcard from @bluebird and bunny card from @Lynx :heart: I think I might stock up on local postcards next time I see them :wink: It’s fun getting to know a little more about where you guys are from! :grin:

Here is another beautiful card from @AIMR and a mushroom march from @susieoregon :kissing_heart: You both are sending them faster than I can respond! lol

And I was spoiled by @geekgirl after crushing on her so hard in the 4x6 Art Swap :heart:

Thank you everyone!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes