Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I feel like my mailbox is the happiest in the neighborhood!

5 Likes

Writing letters is the best part of my day, I just love it!

8 Likes

Pretty happy mail from @bluebird today! I have not seen scratch n sniff stickers in a looooong time. I totally went around and made everyone in the house smell my mail. :rofl:

11 Likes

I, too, was a lucky recipient of some @bluebird mail yesterday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you bluebird! I’ll write back soon!

9 Likes

Me too, me too!!! Thank you @bluebird :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: my first sniff of the stickers brought me instantly back to my childhood :laughing:

4 Likes

Those flowers are so pretty, are they marker and pen? Nice! And scratch and sniff, OMG, the nostalgia. Did y’all also have a sticker album with a puffy cover? LOL!

There was a little chat in another thread about starting a supplies exchange, or rather gift-along similar to this Happy Mail awesomeness. I started a topic, please take a look if you’re either searching for a supply or abundantly provisioned and wishing you had a way to pass some stuff along.

Here’s the mail I’ve been writing at my desk today, between scanning inventory, a very dull job indeed. Letters are way more fun.

6 Likes

LOL I think I was posting over there at the same time you were posting here! :joy:

5 Likes

Yay, glad you all are enjoying the happy mail and the scratch and sniff stickers! :smile:

Yes, these are pen and markers. :slight_smile: And yes! I don’t recall if it had a puffy cover or not, but I did have sticker books as a kid!

4 Likes

I had a sticker album and remember trading stickers in middle school… I also remember putting stickers onto white paper, cutting them out and then drawing something different on the paper back :woman_shrugging: I think it was a way of stretching my creative muscles because I would use odd shaped stickers and it was a challenge to use that shape for something different :smile: (I was a weird kid!)

6 Likes

I received happy mail today! From @Ewulotta and @saintcady

I sent Ewulotta an old Vera the Mouse card, that character was huge in the Netherlands in the 80s and 90s. And she sent me back a card from the same period! Don’t know the name of the artist but that style is definitely nostalgic. It made me think of the Holly Hobbie canisters my mum had (probably gifted! Don’t think she ever liked cute stuff). And I suddenly remembered all the Sara Moon cross stitched pictures that my aunt had in her house.

7 Likes

I had a sticker album! Just a regular notebook that I glued sticker sheets in. I used to trade stickers a lot.

I think that’s where my stash started. I’d get stickers and supplies but I’d keep them in a box under my bed, just to look at them and trade them. If you used them for something, the supply was used up and the finished item was thrown away afterwards. That felt like a waste of my birthday gifts and pocket money!

4 Likes

@Reinikka, I got your lovely rain card yesterday & it is a real treasure!
thank you SO much!

3 Likes

I also received from @bluebird! I didn’t take a picture of her letter, so pretend you see the stickers :laughing:.

7 Likes

Got a beautiful card from @PhoenixFireDesigns today!

I wish I was staring at this sunset in real life right now. :heart_eyes:

In other news…the mail is keeping a letter from @AIMR from me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: it was in my informed delivery yesterday but never showed up. The other mail did. Hmmm

8 Likes

I also got a beautiful sunset picture from @PhoenixFireDesigns! I’m loving all these picture cards you all are making, too!

@bluebird, my mom appreciated the second postcard you sent her!

Thanks ladies!

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m happy it’s gone to someone who likes it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I received some beautiful happy mail today! I can’t pick my favorite and I’m glad I don’t have to!

From @Bugaboo

Such a cute card and I love the delicate bird.

From @bluebird

I was hoping to get one of these flower cards! I love your extras, they are so creative.

From @AIMR

I love your cards! They are so cheerful and beautiful. The “correction caterpillar” on the envelope is adorable.

9 Likes

oh no…I bet it was the darn Purple Thang…I didn’t add additional postage and sometimes they catch me…uh oh…let me know if it does not arrive…I might have a few (lots…) more!

lol @susieoregon…yeah, for some reason, I have been screwing up the mailing addresses on a lot of people…after I scribbled it out, it just looked like a caterpillar to me…lol…

4 Likes

I received a beautiful sunset from @PhoenixFireDesigns :heart: I also enjoy the envelope art :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thank you!

8 Likes

So I got excited when the mailbox clattered, not only was it not happy mail, it wasn’t even for me!! :thinking:

It was for the previous occupant

2 Likes