Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I drafted a paper piece koala pattern to make a cushion cover for the girl, I’d better get on that before she decides she isn’t fond of them anymore. She changes her mind every 2 minutes, lol.

4 Likes

The one I have is just traditional piecing…

1 Like

I’m so lucky, today I received 2 happy mails and an extra from my mum! Mum sent me some hooks so I could hang the plant in my bathroom.

But, from here I have some mushroom magic from @Reinikka

And a pretty postcard with an Irish proverb from @Whistlefish

This is currently my favourite craftalong and inspiring me to make things for you all

8 Likes

I also received a St. Patrick Day postcard from @Whistlefish. So pretty!

AND I received Edward Gorey goodness from @Magpie:

I was so glad to receive a wee crown and I coronated Elvira this morning.

Thank you so much!

@magpie - I have a red Japanese maple in the courtyard of my complex. I love it.

9 Likes

So fun seeing what y’all are doing with your teeny crowns :smile:

I had a good time writing out those little notes on scrappy bits, it was an exercise in stream of consciousness. I kept a basket by the bed and grabbed one whenever a random thought occurred. Hopefully they are interesting and not just boring old “why in the world did she write that?”. If they’re boring, at least the other side of the paper is not!

4 Likes

I liked them a lot and they are on very pretty paper!

2 Likes

I’m working on a big set of happy mail. It’s too much for me to send to everyone at once, so I like to alternate groups! If you haven’t received happy mail from me yet, more than likely you are in this batch!

4 Likes

I received happy mail from @AIMR today :blush:

Thank you, Linda! Your kind words made my day! I’ve already asked Emma for some of her artwork :wink:

5 Likes

Pretty!

2 Likes

@Magpie’s envelope got here today too, so Elena of Avalor is enjoying her new crown. (there’s a second tiny one my child hasn’t noticed yet, so I’ve been contemplating carrying it off for something. :grin:

5 Likes

I totally sent 1 for each of you :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Glad it finally made it! I was beginning to think it was lost in the universe! You can punch some nice shapes out of the front of the card…I have been having fun with some of the cards and envelopes people are sending, using my new paper punches!

3 Likes

Totally NOT boring

From @bluebird and @Magpie (those names together make me smile) earlier this week.

From @susieoregon and @geekgirl today

8 Likes

I’m working on some cards so I can send out soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How did I not discover this thread until today?!? I want to join! I think half of you already have my address. I’ve been in a crafting slump but I’m sure I’ll be able to write a few cards.

7 Likes

Hey guys! It’s a little lonely over on the Easter Card Exchange :sweat_smile: So if anyone wants to join a more structured happy mail experience head on over there :wink: I’ll let anyone join through Wednesday and will finalize it all on Thursday :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Just signed up. Honestly I completely missed seeing that. Maybe others did too?

I’m excited for Easter cards! :hatching_chick::egg::bouquet::rabbit2:

5 Likes

Ok, question. I love the idea of joining in on happy mail, but I don’t really paper craft and I don’t do well writing by hand (awful handwriting + dysgraphic). Would people be interested in happy mail that was more like small crafty things in envelopes?

13 Likes

I’d love something like that! Anything goes really…it’s just nice to get something fun in the mail other than regular old mail. It doesn’t specifically have to be a card/letter.

10 Likes

Nothing wrong with a typed letter in a purchased card, or just printed on paper and sent like that. Nothing else has to be included though you could always add stickers, a local newspaper clipping, local postcard or business flyer, local coaster, bus transfer, movie stub, photograph, etc. Honestly, the mail I get most excited about are the envelops that contain a personal letter or a story, something interesting to read. I save those to read over again. They are the best!

9 Likes