Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Yay! So happy they arrived & brought some cheer. How funny they were taken to bed, lol. I should have sent stuffies! Next time… :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I know this is not the place for this but I don’t have family and no friends live close enough for me to lean on……I’m sorry.

Long story short, my husband almost died this morning. As in he was blue and I tried CPR and a million cops and EMTs came.

Our family has been through enough and the girls witnessed the entire thing.

Please pray…especially for him but for all of us.

13 Likes

Oh my, that’s shocking. I hope you all recover from this trauma.

We are here for you xxx
And ready to listen if and when needed

3 Likes

Oh, Barbara, how awful!
Good for you for trying CPR until the cops and the EMTs came!
He’s in good hands now, right?
Hold your girls close to you and give each other lots of love.
I don’t do praying, but I wish a speedy recovery for your husband and comfort for you and the girls!
Here’s a big hug!
(And yes, this is the place for it, this is where you’ll find friends to support you!)

5 Likes

((Huge hugs)) to you and your family. I hope he’s stable now.

4 Likes

Big hugs coming your way. I’m so sorry. How scary!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m still at the hospital. They just took him for a CT scan of his head.

I need to get home before the girls and put the house back together. The cops and EMS people moved everything out of the way to get him out of the house. The girls saw the whole thing and I hope not having to see the upended rooms again will calm them.

I am scared to sleep.

9 Likes

Please do try to sleep. Your husband is in good hands now.
You’ll see him again tomorrow.
Can you talk to someone on the phone to help you calm down?
A friend? Your doctor? Perhaps talk to a neighbor you trust?
Big hug!

4 Likes

I assume the girls are with friends so you’ll be able to do this. Sleep will be your friend but I understand how anxiety and worry kicks into this. Try any way to meditate / doze / sleep in the between hours for your health and mental well-being.
It might not happen but it gives you something else to focus on for a short while.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m late to this but will still pray for peace and healing.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry! Big hugs! I wish you all well!

2 Likes

Sending you lots of love.

2 Likes

Sending warm thoughts your way. I’m so sorry to hear this. How scary…

2 Likes

Sending you all the digital hugs and warm wishes I have :heart: Sounds terrible! I hope he recovers quickly as well as you and the girls :heart::heart::heart: And this is absolutely a safe place to share the news/events

4 Likes

{{{{{{@LadybugsAndBees }}}}}}} I hope all is well today for him and the girls. That is very scary for them to witness and hopefully they were much more calm when you arrived home. I hope you got some sleep as well, you and your body willed it in the coming days.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your words of comfort. They do mean a lot.

I slept on the couch with the tv on last night after watching a bunch of ANTM reruns on tv with my younger daughter. I couldn’t bring myself to sleep in my bed. (Where it happened.)

My daughters went with my husband’s uncle to his house while I went to the hospital with my husband yesterday. I forgot how much of an idiot he can be. He said and did things that were not supportive of my girls at all.

DH’s blood sugar was 410 when they first checked him in the hospital. His potassium was high too. DD and I pieced together what may have happened so I’ll share it with the dr today.

They did a CT scan of his brain last night and no sign of seizure activity or cancer, Thank G-d!

10 Likes

Prayers going out for you and your husband and the whole family. More {{{{{hugs}}}}}!

2 Likes

So glad to hear the CT scan of his brain was good!

Ouch, 410 for blood sugar is dangerously high. I had 380 when they first discovered my diabetes and it gave my doctors a real scare. I bet they got that down fast with an insulin shot and an insulin drip. Good thing he’s in hospital and being monitored around the clock.
Big hug for you and your girls!

3 Likes

Glad to hear that help came in time for your family! As mothers we strive to protect our children from everything we can. It sounds your girls are smart and loving and that you are close to each other, so you can hold each other tight and support one another. And of course, you have all the prayers and best wishes we can send your way! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

adorable! @Magpie – so thoughtful :hugs:
@Lynx I giggle every time you mention Gnome-vember :smiley:

and @LadybugsAndBees I am so sorry to hear about this emergency!! sending you prayers & hugs right now :heart:

2 Likes