Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Yes, thank you! I received a wonderful Christmas card from @bugaboo and @endymion the other day but I don’t remember if I thanked them! Thanks guys!

4 Likes

Dear @Immaculata, don’t be so harsh on yourself! You cannot fail at making and sending Happy Mail. Every card, with or without extra’s, you manage to send out, is a little piece of happiness crossing the globe and bringing happiness to the person receiving it.
There are no expectations and no obligations, there is just sharing happiness, whenever you find the time and energy for it.
And you’ve been very busy at your new job, yet managed to send out Happy Mail, so hats off to you! You did not fail at all.

7 Likes

You are right!

I was feeling a little overwhelmed recently. That’s why I put aside the Christmas cards until the end of the week, I wanted to open them intentionally and not rushed. There are several piles of cards and envelopes on my desk (I keep the envelopes with the cards in case I don’t have someone’s address) - waiting for a reply, to be displayed, cards that have been displayed for a while and can go in the box. I display cards on the piano and when it’s full I put away the oldest cards. I have shoebox in my craft room for cards and letters from people from the old place and LC.

I also have a drawer full of semi-completed projects. I spent an hour or so listening to the Prime Minister’s press conference and going through that drawer and glueing and now I have a Christmas card for my mum, a tea-themed card that somehow didn’t get sent, a sea-themed card that somehow didn’t get sent, a monster-themed card that still needs googly eyes :grimacing: and a few special projects, too. Next year I’ll have to figure a way to stay on top of actually finishing cards and sending them in time. Good thing that the theme for December is sending all of those cards that didn’t get sent earlier in the year!

8 Likes

I received cards from @Bugaboo and @geekgirl this week! My Happy Mail Junque Journal is getting awfully full! I will have to do a flip through show-and-tell pretty soon here :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t use the themes, so I don’t feel time pressure. Might be a thought.
Just send whatever Happy Mail you like.

2 Likes

I received a card with a lovely ATC inside from @geekgirl, thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

I received a lovely card with pretty snowflakes from @Bugaboo , thank you! :blush: :christmas_tree:

5 Likes

I received from @Bugaboo today. Steph, I’m going to share one of the snowflakes with my oldest grand daughter when she comes for Christmas.

Also received from @madebyBeaG Thanks Bea for sending one of your cards, I like how we had similar ideas.

5 Likes

@Bugaboo , thanks for the sweet card that made me smile. Also looking forward to using the snowflakes in Jan.! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

4 Likes

@GeekyBookworm and @Lynx, thanks again for your lovely card!

4 Likes

Thank you, @thanate for the great card and little goodies inside! :blush: :duck: :duck: :duck:

5 Likes

Thanks for the card @geekgirl !!
With a very fitting ATC. I just said that out loud to someone the other day.

11 Likes

Same! I received yesterday and forgot to post. :hugs:

5 Likes

I received some lovely happy mail yesterday from @megwell ! Thank you, it certainly brightened my day!

Anne

11 Likes

I received a card from @Lynx and @GeekyBookworm yesterday, thank you.

5 Likes

Thanks @Kwality570 for the beautiful card!

3 Likes

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Lol. I just received an adorable card from @Kwality570 , thank you so much for thinking of me!

9 Likes

I have received lovely happy mail from many of you. I have been sick (not Covid) and kind of out of it so forgive me for not remembering everyone. @Amfkinney and @Bugaboo for sure… but there are probably others I’m missing.

Also. My DH just yesterday tested positive for Covid so for Christmas my family gets to stay as far away from each other as possible and today (Christmas Eve) is my youngest’s birthday. Prayers and positive vibes would be greatly appreciated!

8 Likes

I’m so sorry. I hope he has a mild case and your family enjoy her birthday and Christmas together soon in health.

3 Likes

Oh no! I hope the family isn’t too bad off and this all passes soon!

I have received a ton and do not want to forget anyone!But, I will so thank you all near and far for the wonderful happy mail this year!

On to next year and brightening more mailboxes!

4 Likes