Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I got a card from you today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I think the longer-range themes could be a helpful idea. But as someone who rarely follows the theme, I defer to the theme people on that one :laughing:.

For me and how my brain works, I think the group thing would actually end up feeling like more pressure. Like, if I send to someone outside my group and they post, are my group members I haven’t sent to going to feel jilted/sad/frustrated/not good enough? When there are fewer people I’m “supposed to” be sending to, shouldn’t I be able to get it together and send more regularly? (<–I know there’s no “supposed to” in this craftalong, but this is inevitably where my brain would go.)

8 Likes

I received a lovely card featuring fabulous art by @GeekyBookworm! Thank you, @GeekyBookworm and @Lynx!

4 Likes

If there are going to be themes, I like the idea of a few months for each. I like the way it’s going now except I think each person should ask for addresses themselves rather than have @Reinikka be reasonable for that.

5 Likes

I received Christmas mail from @Amfkinney today

3 Likes

And why not a third post …

anyone know what’s up with AIMR? Maybe I missed something but she’s been very quiet and not around much. I have sent her a PM but she hasn’t been on here for 4 days and I’m concerned. Feel free to message me if you don’t want to reply publicly.

1 Like

She’s been dealing with life stuff. She was helping her sister with a serious mold situation and wasn’t home for while. I think she’s catching up.

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is doing their best to keep their head above water this holiday season! I’m catching up, but I have received lovely Happy Mail from @bluebird, @bugaboo, @kittykill, and @geekgirl! I thank you all!!

4 Likes

Thanks, I knew about that and have talked to her since she was away. Maybe she needed a longer break, just missing her.

5 Likes

I received Happy Mail from @Amfkinney, @bluebird and @Bugaboo today!
Thanks again!

3 Likes

I received from Bugaboo and amfkinney! Thank you thank you thank you!

2 Likes

I received awesome happy mail from @geekgirl and @Bugaboo! Thanks! (More exclamation points!! :laughing: )

4 Likes

I received holiday greetings and a positive affirmation ATC from @geekgirl . Thanks Carlee!

6 Likes

I received a pretty christmas card today from @Amfkinney , thank you! :blush: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

I received some happy mail from @bluebird today! Thanks (and I promise I’m done blowing up your notifications after this post :laughing:).

3 Likes

Oh, and I sent some cards today. Which isn’t that notable, but I was using up the rest of my pre-made cards, meaning I actually sent on theme! :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Thanks to @kittykill @geekgirl for the cards today!

3 Likes

this is how my brain works as well!

@Reinikka, the idea of spreading out the themes sounds good, but I also rarely follow the theme, so take my opinion with a grain of salt~

I got sweet Christmas happy mail from @geekgirl – what a pleasant surprise in the midst of hustle & bustle :heart: :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

I received a bunch of Christmas cards from you guys and IRL friends this week. (I have IRL friends too! These days Mr. Imma acts surprised when we receive mail from people we actually know IRL since it’s such a small proportion of our mail now) Since I had a stressful and busy week and today was the first day of my Christmas holiday, I decided to wait with opening them until today. A little reward for succesfully completing the last week of work in 2021.

I received from @Bugaboo @madebyBeaG @Amfkinney @GeekyBookworm and @Lynx !!! Thanks all of you :heart:

My Christmas cards are on it’s way but may not reach everyone in time for Christmas - international mail is still very much hit or miss, it seems. On top of that, some of you may receive a second envelope over the next couple of weeks. I have two weeks off and aim to finish and send off all the special Happy Mails I’ve been working on for everyone. My Happy Mail strategy failed me this year, I’m behind on lots of it. I’ll have to figure out what’s going to work best for me in 2022.

7 Likes

@thanate, thanks so much for the awesome Christmas card and happy mail for me and @GeekyBookworm!

4 Likes