Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

@Reinikka I am going to be on the lookout for all things skunk on my thrift store trips and (maybe!!) some garage sales this summer (oh I can’t wait for a vaccine!) I also received your mushroom card. It’s so pretty!!

I am glad some of my cards are being received - there are some floating out there so hopefully people get them soon. Thanks for the USPS info @Reinikka! I hoard stamps and seltzer water so I better stock up! I will also be reaching out today to those of you who I don’t have an address for. I can’t believe all the effort everyone has put into their happy mail and I’m glad we have some more people joining.

I’ve been feeling a little down in the dumps this week, but I took a few days off from work to feel sad and I do feel a little better today. I am working on spring themed cards - cutting out flower petals and painting honey bees - so that is helping.

9 Likes

Thank you! I’m in the raffle swap and the little things swap right now and I don’t want to overload myself.

That said, I’ll probably look over this swap and join anyhow. :grin:

4 Likes

It’s not a swap and you only send at your leisure. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey friends, I reached out to @endymion to see if she would like her name added to the list to receive some happy mail from us here while she will be offline very busy with moving house and she said yes! So if you would like to mail a card of encouragement to her while she is doing one of the hardest and most consuming jobs there is, Rein has permission to share it with us.

Did everybody make their address available or are there folks here who want to be contacted individually for that info, Bunny, how about your mom’s? I prepped a HUGE stack on envelops with every address I’ve ever had, my friends and family included, and am madly making cards and writing letters. I’m not much for observing official occasions but I do enjoy marking the season change with something sweet in the mail to let my people know I’m thinking of them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’d be right there with you…I have two places I want to visit in my lifetime…Sanibel Island and Hawaii.

2 Likes

@Reinikka made a list at the top coded with icons to let everyone know how they preferred to give out their mailing address. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I received a piece of March Mushroom mail from @Reinikka today :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I might need to re-arrange it though… Maybe into sections instead of emojis? Is it possible to make a table on LC?

4 Likes

Do you know if her mail will get forwarded to her new house? And/or is there a date we should note for when to stop sending mail?

5 Likes

They are working on their house to get it ready to sell, I imagine the mail will be forwarded afterwards though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me! We won’t move for a least a few months. Just very busy doing things like painting and downsizing and organizing.

7 Likes

Joining you guys!!

I’d especially LOVE to receive creepy, spooky, weird, halloween vibes happy mail!

8 Likes

YAAASSS!!! I got a pile of spooky just waiting for you!

3 Likes

Your sign up said “no extras” which was SO difficult for me. I’m working on a way to combine some things for you so technically it’s just a piece of mail. Sneaky, sneaky!

3 Likes

you can using markdown language

Tables Are Cool
col 3 is right-aligned $1600
col 2 is centered $12
zebra stripes are neat $1
4 Likes

HTML works too. Let me know if you need help.

Knocky Flor Ella Juan
Breed Jack Russell Poodle Streetdog Cocker Spaniel
Age 16 9 10 5
Owner Mother-in-law Me Me Sister-in-law
Eating Habits Eats everyone's leftovers Nibbles at food Hearty eater Will eat till he explodes
5 Likes

Whew…now that the IRS has extended the tax deadline by a month, I can breathe a little easier!!

Working on addressing packages, I mean, envelopes, today!

8 Likes

Thank you @geekgirl :smile: I’ll work on organizing you guys later :wink:

2 Likes

I think it actually said I didn’t need extras but I changed that a couple weeks ago :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @bluebird for the fun FL postcard! The mailbox has been passed by the past few days, so it was nice to have some happy mail fill it up today!

4 Likes