Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Yes, they are painted…I did similar ones for the Easter swap…each one is slightly different but I make them in groups of 9…which is one sheet of watercolor paper cut up!

I will show the Easter ones after everyone gets their cards! :slight_smile: The spring ones were sent to random people, not swap partners…so I have a few more to make to cover everyone!

5 Likes

I got a lovely pen pal letter and some extra goodies from @Whistlefish yesterday :slight_smile: I’ll share pictures and write back later, after this grey cloud dissipates over my head :disappointed:

9 Likes

Sorry Rein. I’m struggling with that as well. Sending love. :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Got a postcard from you this week!
Thanks so much!

Also rec’d another piece of happy mail which I still need to go open…
These random happy mails are really lifting my spirits lately! Thanks to one & all!

5 Likes

Today I was spoiled with a lot of goodies from @magpie! Lady, you are too generous! Stamps, an embossing folder, a crown(!), and lots of paper goodness! Love ya, girl!
Thank you!

9 Likes

I sent you some bird buttons from my collection because BIRDS! LOL
The wooden one I bought in San Francisco when I lived there for a few months when pregnant with teenmanboy. He’ll be 20 next weekend. I sure hope you find a special use for that one before another 20 years go by, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Can’t go wrong with birds!! I’ll find a special use! Your mail won the “whose happy mail will arrive first” lottery.

3 Likes

You have the coolest buttons…seriously, I love the ones you sent me…I mean, a little kimono dressed person and a whale? lol

3 Likes

Also from SF 20 years ago. I sent out veggie buttons from the same stash to somebody else. Lotta buttons this round, lol.

2 Likes

I have so many cute buttons as well as some antique ones…I just can’t think of too many crafts to use them…I have used special ones for cards and prayer flags, but at that rate, I would have to make hundreds…lol…we should do a challenge in the destash thread to use buttons…

2 Likes

Or just start a collection of unusual buttons… like I did! :laughing: As a kid one of my favorite things to do was to sift through my mom’s buttons.

4 Likes

I know it is almost April…but I just got in some stuff to make flamingo-themed cards so I am doing it…so there…lol

8 Likes

This lady who hasn’t followed a theme yet encourages this behavior!

5 Likes

I sent your mom another card…I hope she remembers who I am…I did mention you and your daughter…lol

4 Likes

Oh, thank you! That will mean a lot. She’s having some health scares again, so that will be a good lift up when she gets it!

3 Likes

I’m feeling like a slacker! I’ve sent 4 cards this month while some of you have sent dozens, or so it seems.

I’ve lost most of my crafty mojo the last month. My hubby has been looking for work for 6 months, he now has a job waiting for him, driving school bus. He had to get a criminal record and a vulnerable sector check because he’ll be working with children. That includes a finger print check from Ottawa (our national capital) which he submitted 6 weeks ago, the results aren’t back and the local police say there’s no way to check why, we just have to wait. Normally it’s 2-3 weeks, the results come by mail, maybe they are lost but still we are just told to wait.

I’d been sewing, quilting and crocheting in our tiny house but the longer we wait for his print check to come back, the less motivation I have to do anything. It sounds strange, I know, because we’ve been living this way for 7 months but it’s affecting me right now. I have projects to work on but find myself just wasting time on trivial things. I’ve got to give myself a good swift mental kick in the butt, decide what project to start and get at it!

If you’ve read this far, thanks for ‘listening’ as I just needed to get this out.

16 Likes

The great thing about this craftalong is you can send as many or as few as fits your budget, time, or just motivational level. I’m sorry to hear that your motivation has been lacking lately, but I’m sure the stress of hubby not being able to start work and not knowing why the background check results are taking so long must be a lot. Hang in there, enjoy the happy mail that comes your way, and we are all here for you. Vent away!

5 Likes

Aw, the reason you are signed up for this right now is so that we can support you with our friendship through the mail! It’s so special that you’ve chosen to share the details of your life and trust strangers with your home address so we can show you that you are cared for by this community :heartpulse:
When I’m not sending letters, I’m getting letters. It goes around and comes around and it is the most marvelous thing. Let the love flow!

11 Likes

I mean, I’ve sent zero, so you’re four ahead of me :+1:t2:.

I did finally come up with a card idea to tackle after my swap wraps up. I figure I’ll be ready to start sending around the time this round of prolific senders starts to get fatigued…

10 Likes

@bluebird My mom got her postcard yesterday and she asked me to tell you that it meant a lot to her! Thank you.

6 Likes