Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

We have Informed Delivery you can sign up for. It sends you an email with the scans of your envelopes that are coming that day. I’m not sure if Canada has an equivalent.

3 Likes

I can also see how much my hubby is spending at the grocery store even before he gets home from shopping…I have an app that almost instantly shows the use of our debit cards (which is all we every use anymore)…I need an app to message him BEFORE he goes to the state store to buy his beer…lol

2 Likes

I got some happy mail from @bluebird!!

So many lovely vintage stickers, cute washi tape, stamps and ephemera to get creative with - thank you so much!! :smile: :rainbow:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

2 Likes

More happy mail!

I received Katie Daisy calendar page from @Whistlefish that came with a lovely letter and a Florida postcard from @bluebird.

In case you were wondering the beaches in Oregon look very different from the beaches in Florida. Ha!

I also received a card from @Lynx’s MIL (there’s those cardinals again!) and one of @AIMR gorgeous spring cards.

Thank you all so much!

6 Likes

He usually handles them a lot before actually deciding where to put them so that by the time he tries to put them on the wall, furniture, floor, etc even the stickiest stickers are un-sticky :rofl: He also has lots of papers and a toy kitchen that we don’t mind him sticking things to, but they usually fall off anyway :woman_shrugging: The “worst” he’s done is put them on the hard floor but they wear off after a couple weeks/months of walking and mopings :wink:

5 Likes

I love your casual style of parenting…no thing is so valuable…you son is…awwww

4 Likes

So wonderful to see such bright happy mail! Yeah…Florida beaches aren’t like Carolina beaches either…

1 Like

I definitely have my limits but I try to be carefree when it doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

I wrote a few of those vintage cards today & will write more over the weekend. Hopefully after the LGT swap I’ll have time to try and make some cards myself!

I think I’ve seen a few people mention they’d like to write letters, not sure if that was in this thread or elsewhere. If anyone is interested, let me know! I’ve found a few boxes of nice stationery paper too that I would love to use.

5 Likes

It’s a little late but next month’s Vintage Stickii theme is mushrooms! lol

8 Likes

I love having pen pals :heart: If you write me a letter I’ll write you back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Never too late for mushrooms!!!

3 Likes

Mail from @Ewulotta from Germany! Thanks!! She has beautiful handwriting too.

12 Likes

I’d love to pen pal, too!

3 Likes

This morning the builders are ripping out the staircase(which I don’t actually mind as work is getting done.)
and the water was shut off-and I’m trying to lecture in the chaos

So a lovely bright spot, this happy mail from @Ewulotta

This is what my stairs looks like currently

13 Likes

Dammnit, I wanted to be the first mail arrived to your new place. International post ~grumble grumble~
Well, this is pretty nice instead, glad it arrived to you on a needed day. Look at that construction mess, whee-ooh! I’d be sympathetic if I wasn’t so frikken excited for you, LOOK AT THAT DOOR with the glass panels, and the textured wall paper, are you keeping it? It’s amazing.

5 Likes

Going through a reno while living in the home is such a stress…but at least you can be home to make sure work gets done and get other things done!

Love those cute cards…a nice reminder to take the bumps and make them into something else!

My task today is to go out and get my husband a new TV for his upcoming birthday. He has donated his stimulus checks to his musician buddies when he could have gotten something for himself. I think he deserves a little something since he does not know how to use a computer and can’t go out to places to meet fellow musicians here…tv is his only outlet for a while…he mostly watches music and cooking videos…I am hoping it won’t take long since I did my research ahead of time…not sure it will fit in my car, but at least I can buy it and have my helper pick up it up later.

Working on a new fun batch of Spring cards…I am enjoying doing these in little batches!

Informed delivery says I have mail from bunny and lynx!

6 Likes

Informed delivery is a tattle tale! Lol!

I am sending out a few more pieces of happy mail today, completely different from what I’ve sent before, yet still not within a “theme.”

4 Likes

The textured wallpaper is going. I remember it from the 80s and it can’t stay! The glass panels in the doors are staying though, they give a lot of internal light

6 Likes