Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Ooh, would you consider doing some rubbings with the wall paper? Or printing on paper/fabric? Since it’s going anyhow… the texture is wonderful. Can I come over? LOL

6 Likes

It’s coming off in some largish pieces, will I send you some?

4 Likes

You are such an enabler…lol

1 Like

There’s also this textured stuff

Complete with borders, and polystyrene coving

2 Likes

All of that was fancy and in high style at one time…such intricate patterns, but obviously, hard to maintain and not to modern tastes…it would make for interesting layering…you have treasures you have to rip out…

3 Likes

Oh holy Maude, now that stuff’s awful.
And yes, I’d take a sample (samples!) of both :joy:

3 Likes

Very fancy in 1980 but the border doesn’t go with the paper at all, it’s completely different in every way-and not in a good way.

5 Likes

@Reinikka — That’s the pack I’m getting this month! :blush: :mushroom:

I received a beautiful bee and floral card from @susieoregon! :honeybee: :blossom: :cherry_blossom: Thank you! And I received a pretty spring flower card from @AIMR! Thank you! :tulip: :sunflower: :rose: They’re both so pretty and cheerful! :blush:

5 Likes

Has anybody else noticed the white rectangles of paint in the photo heading up this topic look like masks? I know they are for writing addresses on but every time I see them, I think “MASKS”! lol

I received such a whack of lovely mail over the past couple of days. It’s just the nicest thing to come home to personal letters, every day it’s the first thing I ask about and boy howdy, am I ever disappointed if there hasn’t been a delivery that day.

Really fantastic Mushroom March card from @Reinikka. Do you have an alphabet thing that cuts out whatever words you’d like? What is it? I want one!

Sassy boobie card from my girl @curiousfae, crushed with laughter girl, Just Crushed With It!

Florida post cards for me and one for our neighbour Jan from @bluebird, thank you so much for thinking of her, I know she is very excited about receiving mail. Poor girl, she’s got to wear a knee brace possibly forever, she needs cheering up! And maybe she’ll join and share her art work, she’s amazing at it!

And last but not least, you should all see the enviable hand writing inside the card from @Beag. For real, it’s beautiful.

Thank you, friends, this lot has really been amazing to receive.

10 Likes

A boobie card :rofl::rofl: and that ball of string card :smiley:

I’ve sent you another experiment.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of happy mail! The boobie cards is really funny!

Has your neighbor received the card I sent her yet?

3 Likes

Not yet but some mail seems to be taking forever. I’m still waiting for holiday cards I sent in mid December to be received! Oh well, xmas in July, right? LOL!

4 Likes

I just realized @Reinikka started sending me random happy mail last year, Mushroom themed even, lol!

7 Likes

@aimr My mom was really happy receiving mail from you again. She enjoyed your letter.

4 Likes

Aww…so glad…and I got happy mail from you today! Waiting for my phone to recharge to take loads of pics…I have a bit of catching up to do…busy week as well…so nice to get happy mail…and, some stuff I ordered finally got here so I am a happy camper for the weekend!

3 Likes

LOL and now I see it too! :rofl: that was an envelope I decorated for a happy mail type swap on another site, but ti was just for the envelope with nothing inside… it was fun to make but weird not to include a letter :flushed:

Thanks :smile: and yes! Thanks to you guys I finally had a reason to buy it!!! lol… it’s by We R Memory Keepers There it is on Amazon but I was lucky to find one localy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same! It felt very weird to send without something inside. :slight_smile: That company makes some cool gadgets. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I received a lovely flamingo card from @AIMR today. Thanks, Linda!

2 Likes

Pretty happy mail today! Thank you @susieoregon!

I also got my new stamps today - woot!

10 Likes

Oh, nice! Pressed flowers & poetry, super lovely.
I really like this collage-ish piece work you’re doing SusieO

3 Likes