Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I hadn’t checked the mail in a few days so I had another beautiful break in my evening to open up everything I got :heart: For the craftalong I got some mail from far away @Ewulotta and from less far away @Whistlefish :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you both!

And watch out miss @Whistlefish, you may have opened a Pandora’s box of Lord of the Rings trivia :wink: Or at least a letter-full in the near future! Ha! :smile:

@Ewulotta I love the little drawing on your envelope as well as the beautiful card, I feel so lucky to have one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I spent the morning reading and wiping tears from my eyes…how can a simple thing like a a bit of encouragement or a shared piece of life bring out so much emotion?

Thank you for this happy mail day…I am going to take loads of pictures and thank each person as I re-read and hang up my lovely cards on this special day of starting new with joy…

12 Likes

…accidentally? :laughing:

I finally (after quite a few years…) sorted all the old stamps in the giant box I inherited from my grandparents (who inherited at least some of them from their parents) so I have little envelopes of Things to Send. Now for mailing-size envelopes, and to decide what else to put in them!

11 Likes

I love seeing all the cards everyone makes. I’m not much of a papercrafter so I’ve sent vintage cards so far. But I do have some pretty papers (of course, I can’t resist when I see them in the shop!) and cardmaking supplies, so I will be making some cards soon.

8 Likes

Yep, totes by accident!! :rofl:

The funniest thing was when the delivery driver turned up he asked for ID. I was very confused, but a surprise bottle of rum was also being delivered :slight_smile: My friend had sent it to say thanks for being a witness in a court case

6 Likes

Hahaha! How safe is it to mix rum and gelli printing?

4 Likes

Oh that is too funny!

I also found an unused gelli plate in my stash…I must have purchased it a while ago, put it back into the original clear packaging…I thought it was “empty”…

3 Likes

I’m sure it would be fine, I mean it’s not like mixing sewing with alcohol!!

3 Likes

Promised myself I would not open up any more mail until I acknowledged the mail I have received…I was going to find a way to organize them somehow, but I keep flipping through them while they are in a stack, so I decided the best thing to do is to get a basket and just put them in there and look at them whenever I need a bright moment!

First of all, from the ever so generous and probably one of the inventors of random happy mail herself, here is the card and buttons I received from @magpie last month…of course, the little crown was a complete surprise…just so stinking cute. I am going to think of a special way to use those fruit buttons!

Next, from my friend @SonjaBoo…one of her flamingo cards, ready to send out (but I want to keep it!!!) and a mini junk journal and sparkly ATC!

From @saintcady I got the coolest shark postcard…I love sharks and have swum with them in the ocean, so this was indeed special to me! I also got the cutest card from @Ewulotta…a reminder to enjoy the rain because it is part of the cycle of nature’s beauty for spring and summer…love the intense blue!!

I have a few more to post but will do those later or tomorrow…but, thanks, Alex and Cindy…and I got a lovely note from @Lynx’s mom as well!

7 Likes

(Was anybody else amused that @SonjaBoo’s flamingo cards were on a flocked background?)

4 Likes

Everything is so gorgeous and happy! You guys make the cutest things!

I’m having a very fun morning making some happy mail to take to the post office tomorrow :heart: :rainbow: :love_letter:

4 Likes

Does anyone have an address for Onyxnox? I just read a post on her blog, and she can seriously use a large dose of happiness. I’m concerned for her, truly.

4 Likes

I have it. If people want to send mail for her to me, I’d be happy to pass it on.

4 Likes

I’ve been watching YouTube videos about paint pouring and gave it a try with what I had on hand. Not the result I expected so I’ll be cutting it up to use on happy mail. Somewhere in all that is neon pink and neon blue. I’ve ordered some proper supplies and hope for better results.

9 Likes

lol I am also using my experiments as backgrounds…as @magpie says, once cut up, it is magic! I am a believer!

4 Likes

I received the prettiest spring card from @AIMR today:

Synch beautiful colors and my very own cheery mushrooms! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :mushroom:

9 Likes

I’ve finished crafting my April cards :slight_smile: I wish I had made more than ten… They took a lot of time though so I’m also glad to be finished :smile: Now I just have to write notes and address the envelopes to send them on their happy way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is the card I got from @Ewulotta a few days ago :smile:

6 Likes

I’ve already finished the May cards because I won’t have any time after the Easter break (A-level exams start in about two weeks). I made something less time consuming than my April cards and I really hope you’ll all like them. Now I’m working on this…

9 Likes

I try to reply here when I receive stuff, but I’ve been super remiss in posting photos, so here’s some catch-up.

From @Ewulotta today:

From AIMR:

From Whistlefish:

From Reinikka (I may have posted this one before, but I don’t care :laughing:)

Oh, and that heart card peeking out is from Magpie.

6 Likes