Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Definitely June bugs for the east coast! We have 17-year cicadas this year!

2 Likes

Hey friends, I am working on a spread sheet to keep track of people and sent mail, things have gotten confusing over here and I would like to make sure I don’t miss anybody!
I wanted to suggest that people could update their intro posts, the ones that are linked along with our names at the top of the thread, if anything changes. Like if you’ve got a special event coming up in your life or some theme you’re collecting for, etc. Maybe also post to inform of any changes to keep us all up to date, what do y’all think?

8 Likes

I think the more info people are willing to share, the easier it is to send some cute little appropriate items…it is also ok to say you don’t want any more stuff…lol…or that you just like surprises or are very particular about what you eat, the kind of candy, etc.

4 Likes

I wanted to say I think its great people are including their moms and neighbors and friends as well! Something as simple as a card and a reminder others are out here brightens their day!

4 Likes

Oh, ya, that info about not wanting extras or liking ephemera but not whimsies, or being open to all the extras, etc, that is exactly the good stuff to know! I am super happy with a purchased card and a brief note, or a letter, or something handmade. I am going to update my intro post too…

I too really love that we’re including others in our happy mail outs, I’m sure it’s a surprise and a joy to open the mail box to unexpected sweetness. I mean, how nice is that to connect to one another from near or far through the post? This whole year has brought back a lot of “old fashioned” things from simpler times. It’s so great.

Today’s mail!

8 Likes

I got a lovely happy mail today from @Bugaboo it was really sweet because she wanted me to know that she still loves a quilt that I made her in a geezer swap from the dead place-ages and ages ago. It’s lovely to know that things you make and send are still loved.

This was the quilt, one of my favourites as it happens.

Thank you so much @Bugaboo

10 Likes

2 more packets of joy arrived at mine this week.

This actually makes me want to see what I’ve got when I hear the letterbox clatter.

So thanks to @AIMR and @Lynx for my latest happy mail.

Happyhappyhappy

8 Likes

I love that flamingo bookmark!

1 Like

Sounds good, I’m going to update mine so people don’t send me things I really don’t like, (almost phobic!!)

Not sure my intro is that useful as it is.

4 Likes

I think they can be cute but I know some people dislike bugs and we’re talking about them for June so… might as well get it all out there!

2 Likes

Its still my favorite quilt!!! Love it dearly and it gets displayed on the mid century modern sofa when not being used!!

3 Likes

I was thinking well there’s other bugs like dragon flies, lady bugs, grasshoppers…surely there’s a bug out there for everyone?

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything buggy in the envelope I sent you, but my apologies if there is!

I think it’s a great idea for us to keep our intro posts updated - I know there’s too many details for my tiny brain to remember, so I will be checking every time.

4 Likes

Aww something else to look forward to!!

It’s funny because I’m so used to knowing my dislikes that you forget you might need to let other people know!

This is particularly true with food. I dislike tomatoes even as a sauce, and this is a prominent flavouring in so many foods including sandwich fillers. I decided to start adding them as an allergy when I went to conferences so that at least some food would not be marred by flippin’ tomatoes!!

4 Likes

I think that was the reminder I needed!! I know I used to put them down on my swap questionnaires!!

Other bugs are ok with me :smile:

4 Likes

hmmm…I live in an area of the country that if you don’t like bugs, you need to move… :grin:

We have to have the house and yard serviced for all sorts of them…I like them except I don’t want to live with them!

5 Likes

A few happy mail pieces went out to @craftADDchick @Magpie neighbor and @Bunny1kenobi mom

Also, had to replenish the stamp supply and they had yummy looking coffee inspired stamps today

7 Likes

I tried to buy those this morning, but my PO hadn’t gotten their shipment in yet today.

1 Like

Bugaboo! I am a card lady! Where do I sign up?

6 Likes

Welcome @Amfkinney :heart: I responded to your message but thought I’d reply here as well :wink: Please read the first post and you’ll see that everyone who’s “signed up” has a link to a little intro about them and some people have trusted me to share their addresses. If there is anyone you want to send happy mail to you can use the first post as a reference on how to get their addresses :slight_smile: And of course you can also send happy mail to anyone not playing along (there really are no rules here!) Please give us a little intro and I’ll add you to the list :slight_smile: An intro can be what part of the world you’re in, what crafts you like, anything you collect, what kind of happy mail you hope to receive, etc. We’re all friendly here (and sometimes silly!) so feel free to ask any questions and don’t feel pressure to send to everyone (cause there are a lot of us!!!). Send as much or as little as you like :slight_smile: (Did I mention there are no rules? :wink:)

6 Likes