Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

That is such a cool design @Edel.

So, I was out of town last week for spring break & our mail was held until yesterday, so…
I got a huge surprise with FOUR pieces of happy mail! Yay!
3 were internat’l & one from Oregon :slight_smile:

Here’s the glamour shot:
(sorry, not sure how to do the blurry thing)

A big THANK YOU to @Ewulotta and @saintcady and @jemimah and Tisha/ Joy? (sorry, can’t find the correct handle on here)
I am so excited about the goodies, letters, and just getting anything that will make me smile! I plan to read & re-read them all day for the warm fuzzies.
Then I need to get busy and spread the love with some crafty cards myself!

a huge THANKS to @Reinikka for making this all possible!!!
:sunny:
:mailbox_with_mail:
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey, I’m TJ. The card I sent you was made by @Whistlefish.
And, funny story, the butterfly card is from a set I sent in a swap!

2 Likes

Spreading the love and happy around the world and from each other…so cool to see

3 Likes

Yay! I’m glad it arrived safely. @Magpie made the beautiful butterfly card I sent! :butterfly:

4 Likes

I finally have crafting time so making cards for 10 lucky people! I’m actually following a theme…but, for which month? Hmmm.

4 Likes

My pictures arrived so tomorrow I’ll start making a few April shower cards.

4 Likes

LOL thanks for explaining!
And she mentioned that the butterfly card came from you! That is so cool!

2 Likes

I got these lovelies from @susieoregon and @Reinikka today!! Those teeny books…! Squeeeee! :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you, ladies!!!

9 Likes

Glad you like them! :heart: Facebook kindly reminded me that I made them ten years ago :joy: I’m finally getting around to sharing them :slight_smile:

By your wording I assume you were posting a picture but it’s not showing up (I’m also commenting mere minutes after you so it’s possible you are working on it :wink:)

4 Likes

So I went to update my intro and apparently I started a novel :sweat_smile: Please don’t feel like you have to read it all but if anyone’s interested here’s what I wrote :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Thank you for pointing out my error… I thought I’d posted a pic but apparently I had a senior moment.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can come up with anything Suomi themed. I was an exchange student there. I can’t believe that’s a decade ago this year.

4 Likes

Made a few cards this weekend… :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That frog is so cute - and flush with flies!

After @AIMR shared that letters to Canada and Mexico were the same postage for a 1 or 2 ounces, I decided to look up all the countries and see how much a 2 ounce envelope would cost. All 1 ounce letters are $1.20 to any country.

Disclaimer: These are 2021 USPS prices and I accept no liability. Liability for what? I don’t know, but I reject it.

The number after the name is the “price group” for that country. Hope this helps. I thought New Zealand would be pricey, but it’s quite the bargain. Let me know if I missed a country and I will look it up and add it.

Ireland - 3 - $2.24

the Netherlands - 3 - $2.24

Germany - 3 - $2.24

Canada - 1 - $1.20

New Zealand - 6 - $2.08

United Kingdom/Great Britain/England - 3 - $2.24

4 Likes

Thanks for this quick reference! Luckily, most of my cards are not over two ounces, but if you even stick in a few stickers or small items, it can add up quickly!

I had no idea about the zones either…I just assumed it was the same all over, but now it makes sense…and yes, it is reasonable even to New Zealand!

BTW, I am sending you a purple thing! I can slip it in an envelope and it still weighs less than an ounce!

lol and that is why the frog has a big tummy…lunch is served!

2 Likes

That’s surprisingly affordable! :smile_cat:

We only have 2 zones here - Australia/Pacific and Rest of the World
For the Rest of the World, our rates are bit more than that, but I think our weight limits for small (100g = about 3.5 ounces) and large (200g = about 7 ounces) letters are a bit bigger too.

@AIMR I love those frogs!! :frog:

3 Likes

lol thanks…you saw the blobs I started with…it is a nice little challenge to turn them into something more with a few lines and colored pencils!

2 Likes

What a great guide! @Reinikka maybe that could be added to the introduction, in case anybody is feeling like overseas mailing might be too expensive.

Canadian rates are as follows:
Domestic:
up to 30 grams $1.07
30-50 grams $1.30
USA:
up to 30 grams $1.30
30-50 grams $1.94
International:
up to 30 grams $2.71
30-50 grams $3.88

everything is a couple cents less if paying “metered” rather than with stamps, but we all know stamps are more fun!

4 Likes

I had lots of happy mail today! My bird themed IYP from AuFish, a nice letter and a few goodies from @bluebird, and this sweet postcard from @Immaculata showing me birds I absolutely must photograph!

I sent out a bunch of happy mail myself today! I think with this batch just about everyone will have received at least 1 something from me.

7 Likes