Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

That is so cool to learn something from other countries in your area of interest!

Look what was in my mailbox!!! Going to take a nap and then read them!

9 Likes

I got an Oregon postcard from @susieoregon! Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Today is a dark gloomy cold rainy day and my first day back to work after almost a week off UGH

So it was really nice to have a mailbox with Happy mail!!!

@AIMR sent this lovely handcrafted card with sweet little mushrooms on it!

@bluebird sent 2 wonderful packages

this first is a darling handmade card with flowers and a field and mail to use in my happy mailings!

Next was a wonderful package full of ephemera!

and inside this

then a lovely card and more water color stickers and more!

It was a darling treat on such a gloomy day!!

Thank you so much!

9 Likes

My interpretation of April showers … a bird showering himself :smiley: I’m making and sending a few of these this week.

8 Likes

Love!

2 Likes

So much pretty mail to admire! :heart:

I got two lovely envelopes in the mailbox last night :smile_cat:

One of @Ewulotta’s gorgeous rain cards, with a cool chess stamp bonus, and a beautiful birdie card from @susieoregon complete with poem, and tea (which looks divine!) Thank you both so much, it’s so delightful to be filling a shelf with bright and happy greetings from far away!

10 Likes

Lovely to see everyone’s cards!

@Lynx glad you liked it! I think it’s been in my shoebox of cards for probably 20 years. I’m not 100% certain where it came from but my family used to visit the seaside every year, I had two aunts who lived there. If you want to see birds, the Wadden Sea is even more interesting than the North Sea! It’s a very fascinating area.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I used to dream about visiting but I’m so terrified of flying that it will probably never happen :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re keeping me busy! lol… I’ll see what I can do :wink:

2 Likes

OK, I added a little drop down menu thingy at the bottom of the first post, just click on it to reference the prices that @susieoregon and @Magpie found :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I’d like to suggest FOOD for a monthly theme. I have a couple ideas already.

5 Likes

You are an amazing organizer of this thread!! Thanks for all you do!!!

5 Likes

Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s been filling the void from lack of stage managing, lol

3 Likes

Oh yay, popsicles and ice cream? I am so there!

Thanks for adding those links @Reinikka, this topic is becoming a force to be reckoned with!

5 Likes

I’m making a poll! Ooooooh! Aaaaaaah! …Keep in mind that the themes are just suggestions and you can send anything you want :wink: Pick you’re favorites and try not to pick them all! lol. Poll closes in one week from now. I’ll link to the poll in the first post so you can think about it and find it again if it gets buried :slight_smile:

Our June Theme Should Be…
  • June Bugs
  • June Birds
  • June to the Moon
  • Hey June
  • Foody Juney

0 voters

5 Likes

From @Renstar, your masterboard flower petals are so pretty!

Here’s the lot I sent today.

Half the cards I send are to folks not even in this swap, lol.

10 Likes

Yay, something has arrived!! You have taught me well.

1 Like

I am so very jealous of those succulents!!! :heart: Beautiful card too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you.

This has been a hard one to get into, but I’m learning loads from this craft along and enjoying it

3 Likes

Having some trouble with loading my pics correctly oriented but wanted to post the ones that came out…

I got this lovely sunset from @PhoenixFireDesigns…I love the Gulf of Mexico and this is one reason why! Thanks!

Underneath, a lovely and nicely done floral card from @bluebird…lovely stationary and instructions as well underneath! What a clever idea to send a craft lesson! :slight_smile: Thanks…love your color palette on those flowers.

Next up from @bugaboo…how cute are those raindrops made from scrap paper!? She included a little wooden phoenix/griffin for me to use for something else!

Underneath, one of @Whistlefish’s gorgeous beehive paintings and some paper to use!

Finally, @saintcady sent a very happy card with the coolest rainy day themed wooden buttons and a lettuce craft book marker!

Wow…this was indeed a happy mail day for me…now I will spend some time planning on things to make, punching hearts out of the envelopes, and saving the stamps!

11 Likes

Gorgeous cards! I love this thread. :heart::heart::heart: You guys are awesome.

4 Likes