Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Oh I’d love to see a picture of the decorated tea cabinet!

1 Like

And yesterday the postman brought me these two beauties. From @Cindy a postcard of her neighbours house (I refuse to countenance the idea that Anne Shirley does not live next door)

And this gorgeous one from @Ewulotta I love the masterboard centre in this, it’s like looking at the world. Reminds me of the original Little Prince illustrations and it had a lovely letter inside.

I managed to get a couple of pieces of happy mail in the post yesterday (including your much traveled package @Cindy ) and I plan to do a lot more

8 Likes

I got that beautiful card from @Ewulotta too!

2 Likes

I received a lovely letter from @jemimah, I’m writing back to you today from the office on my lunch break. Notifications keep binging me though so maybe I’ll finish up at home when I can focus :smile:

3 Likes

Hooray! I am slow at writing cards and letters, but I try hard not to forget :snail: :love_letter:

4 Likes

I’m also not sending as fast as I’m receiving, but I sent out two cards today! And hopefully a few more later this week.

3 Likes

Sorry about the black tea (yes it is caffeinated). Next card will have an herbal tea!

I received an aerogarden for my bday in January and I am making small batches of herbal teas with herbs from my garden (I harvested quite a bit. Those gardens are amazing) and some store bought bulk herbs from a local grocery co-op. I found some empty tea bags with a drawstring closure at a local Asian market and I was thinking about including one of my “home brew” with my cards.

Is that weird or would you guys be into that?

4 Likes

Please don’t apologise. How would you know? I often forget!! I should add it to my intro.

Also, us Brits are renowned for our tea drinking, that an cucumber sandwiches :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I miss a good cup of tea, but I spent a full week with headaches when I stopped and the one day I accidentally drank tea again approx 6 months after stopping had major headaches. Although that could have been a stress combination because there was a fire a couple of doors up from me that day.

I’d love to try some handmade herbals, sounds delightful

4 Likes

I would be into trying your tea (it sounds lovely), BUT non-commercially processed natural materials (e.g. herbs, feathers, driftwood, seeds, bee products, etc.) shouldn’t be mailed to New Zealand - they are liable to be destroyed by Customs as a biosecurity hazard. It doesn’t generally affect swap items, but I did once have a parcel containing a lavender sachet destroyed at the border. So please don’t send any to me - I’ll just have to visit Oregon one day!

6 Likes

Do it!!! :smile: I’ll happily cross the border if you do :slight_smile: We can have a tea party! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Ack! Please forgive me! I got these on Saturday and completely forgot to share

From @Magpie a lovely letter and tickets found by @Pigeon (some are even hand painted!) :heart:

And from @Amfkinney a lovely card and shiny heart stickers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you both! :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

I received 2 HM today. But work has gone a bit bonkers and I need to have an early night. Look forward to my beauts tomorrow

3 Likes

What a cool thing to grow! I don’t drink herbal tea myself as a first choice. I prefer good old fashioned Earl Grey types of teas, although I have drank every tea I have ever received in a swap (and liked most of them!)…I just like things sort of simple…

I am doing some supplies purging and also finishing up some wips…I am already thinking of my June to the Moon cards…

4 Likes

both are gorgeous!

1 Like

I ordered a moon stamp (among others) and it arrived today!

3 Likes

I’m glad it arrived, I get nervous sending postcards internationally but just knew you had to have that one.

2 Likes

What a fabulous postcard!

3 Likes

I received from @Bugaboo today, my envelope had some tearing but not enough that I lost anything. Steph, it’s adorable and I :heart: the wooden bird

5 Likes

I received from @Ewulotta (top) yesterday and @Amfkinney (bottom) today.

Thank you!

7 Likes

My favourite tea will always be Lady Grey, but I’ll drink all teas. We have wild lemonbalm in the garden, so I always have dried lemonbalm in my cupboard to make tea. I’m not actually sure if it would be legal to receive home natural products from another continent, but other swappers have sent homemade herbal teas and none of my packages have been destroyed yet.

4 Likes